IGNORED

Looks into Lynxes and at their boxes

Matthias

• 2 weeks later...

Matthias,

Just wondering why you took your Lynxes apart. Boredom? Curiosity? Lose a penny inside one?

For some deranged reason that I can't explain, I was expecting to see, as the last couple of pics, shots of you hitting the pieces with a hammer. :ponder: You'll have to forgive me, I'm a bit weird.

Anyway, thanks for showing us the innards! It's certainly something that I don't have the guts to do, tho I DO have the curiosity.

Hi!

Matthias,

Just wondering why you took your Lynxes apart.  Boredom?  Curiosity?  Lose a penny inside one?

No, i had opened the Lynxes already some years ago (in 1998), so it was not really curiosity, but my webspace was limited and i had no good digital camera to put such photos on my Lynx-page, so i had only scans of the PCBs there (and had to remove the LynxI-PCB scans later due to need for the webspace).

Now i have better cameras and access to more webspace, so i thought it would be a good idea to do this now.

Anyway, thanks for showing us the innards!  It's certainly something that I don't have the guts to do, tho I DO have the curiosity.

So my work is helpfull for you: You can look at most of the small parts without opening your own devices :-)

But i have to admit that i was not brave enough to put the screen completely apart.

Regards

Matthias

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you remove the Top shell (screen protector)? I tried to remove mine but was scared of it breaking.

Also... anyone got any tips on repairing the sound for one of my Lynx systems? I took it apart and now no sound will come from the speaker. However, I can put headphones on and it will work through the headphone jack. Should I just rewire the darned speaker to the headphone jack?! :)

If anyone has any info on removing the top shell I'd really appreciate it. Also... if there are any tips on how to make the Opt1/Pause/Opt2 buttons to stick out further... that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Hello!

How do you remove the Top shell (screen protector)?  I tried to remove mine but was scared of it breaking.  

I think it is a simple "snap-in" mechanism, but i have never tried it with a completely assembled LynxII-case.

Also... anyone got any tips on repairing the sound for one of my Lynx systems?  I took it apart and now no sound will come from the speaker.  However, I can put headphones on and it will work through the headphone jack.  Should I just rewire the darned speaker to the headphone jack?!  :)

Are you sure that you have reconnected the speaker-plug to the mainboard when re-assembling it? And if so it is still possible that

one of the two wires broke off of the speaker.

Regards

Matthias

How do you remove the Top shell (screen protector)?  I tried to remove mine but was scared of it breaking.  

I think it is a simple "snap-in" mechanism, but i have never tried it with a completely assembled LynxII-case.

Yup, it is. It's a little hard to remove it, but it's possible to remove the whole thing from an assembled Lynx II, without doing damage. I just removed a screenprotector that had a crack in it.