IGNORED

ST hard drive defragmenting&cleanup programs?

I think there was a program by Oregon Research that defragged hard drives, but it might have just been a backup/restore program. My ST has been boxed up for a few years now, but if I run across any info I'll let you know.

Jeff

Diamond Edge was probably the most popular back in the day, and is now sold (yes, it's still sold) by Anodyne Software, who I believe purchased the rights from Oregon Research. I think ICD Utilities also does so, but not sure if that only works on HDs connected through an ICD host adapter.

hi,

Hard drive optimiser/defragger version 2.9 - MagiC VFAT, large partitions and BigDOS compatible.

Now checks the cluster-chain for directories. (Combined German and English archive)

http://www.cix.co.uk/~derryck/misc/hp_opt29.lzh

This is the MiNT only! version of the HPOptimizer. It's otherwise unchanged from V2.9 Combined

English/German package

http://www.cix.co.uk/~derryck/misc/hpopt29x.lzh

Well, my HD uses a BMS-100/Adaptec ACB-4000 controller which is ST506&ST412 compatible, which I think is the Atari HD standard too. I'm currently using plain old TOS 1.0 as my OS, so I think Diamond Edge is what I need apparently, since the others seem to be for MINT, MagiC and Bigdos...