IGNORED

Setting up DASM??

Still no luck, the compiler gives a fatal error and can't find the include files. As of right now, they are located in the same directory as the DASM dircetory??? Thanks for the help.

Typically, you don't need to COMPILE DASM, as executables are provided for Linux, OSX, Mac, DOS. If you are indeed wishing to compile it, then please specify exactly which include files are not being found by your compiler.

What you are REALLY trying to do, I think, is just run DASM and assemble a file of your own. In which case, I'd guess that your file includes "macro.h" and/or "vcs.h". These two files should be in the same directory as YOUR SOURCE CODE, *not* the DASM directory.

Cheers

A

I found out what the problem was, the .h files need to be in the same directory as the .asm files during the compile. Thanks for the help. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of the black bar at the bottom of the emulator screen. Thanks again.

Hi there!

Subdirectories?  Who needs 'em?
I do. I have tons of them! Im like Subdirectorie-o-manic. :ponder:

I simply throw DASM and Z26 into all subdirectores.

Greetings,

Manuel

Put DASM in your class path and you don't have to add it to all of your subdirectories.

Put DASM in your class path and you don't have to add it to all of your subdirectories.

"class path"? Java programmer I suppose? ;)

How about the general include files (e.g. vcs.h)?

Yeah, Ive spent some time with java. ;)

You can do this with just about anything though. Ive used it for c+ compilers also. As for the include files, I started out trying to put those in the class path but no luck. The only solution I have found thus far is to leave them in the directory with the .asm file. I would like to find a better solution though so I dont' have to worry about multiple copies or having all the .asm files in the same directory. Things tend to get messy.

Hi there!

I would like to find a better solution though so I dont' have to worry about multiple copies or having all the .asm files in the same directory.

DASM will compile "headersvcs.h".

Yet your sources will no longer be ready-to-compile for everyone, anyone else would have to recreate your directory structure first in case.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

I would like to find a better solution though so I dont' have to worry about multiple copies or having all the .asm files in the same directory.

Yet your sources will no longer be ready-to-compile for everyone, anyone else would have to recreate your directory structure first in case.

Greetings,

Manuel

Thanks for that info. One question though, where does the "headers" directory fall under the DASM directories? Im guessing Ill have to create this also? Thanks again.

Hi there!

Thanks for that info. One question though, where does the "headers" directory fall under the DASM directories? Im guessing Ill have to create this also? Thanks again.

I just meant to point out that DASM will understand additional path information. In the example I gave, the "headers" folder has to reside on the same level as DASM.

I also suggested that you should not use this feature if you want to exchange sources with other programmers.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

I just meant to point out that DASM will understand additional path information. In the example I gave, the "headers" folder has to reside on the same level as DASM.

I also suggested that you should not use this feature if you want to exchange sources with other programmers.

Greetings,

Manuel

Would I then have to change the include statement in my code to headersvcs.h ? Im still a bit confused. I realize that this limits me from exchanging source with other programmers. Is it common practice then to include the two .h files in the location of your source? I was trying to limit the number of copies of .h files to only one. Oh well I guess it isn't that big of a deal. I was hoping I could simply put them in a folder with DASM and leave them there until I have to update them. Thanks again for the help. BTW great set of forums.

I do put vcs.h in every project folder, but I just keep Dasm and Z26 in their own folders and run them using my text editor's ability to run external programs.  I also have associated the .BIN file type with Z26.

-paul

I hadn't thought about that, that is another good idea. Thanks.