IGNORED

Burning Playstation Games

Rocko

Damn.. I just wrote up a whole post here and it got erased. :|

Anyway to burn Bin/Cue, people used to use CDRWIN or sometimes Fireburner. However, these days most people use either Alcohol 120% or Nero to burn them. As for me... I still use CDRWIN for them.

If you have Nero, just go to file->open, select the file type *.cue, then just select and burn!

haha, yeah Sega CD games are readily available on usenet. I have version 5.5 of Nero. I have copied and burned Playstation games before but now that I remember it would be better to get and learn Alcohol 120% because PS1 disks have to have correct subchannel data to work and A120 does that automatically.

No one has really mentioned this yet, but if you open up the .cue file in notepad, you can actually read what it has to say (although you might not understand what it means). Basically, a CD burning program will read the .cue file, which tells the program what parts of the .bin file to burn where, and where the track boundaries and such are. The two files go hand-in-hand, and you can't use one without the other... so if you open up the cue file, and burn the disc, then you're done with the bin file.

Get a copy of Alcohol 120%... It's a very simple program, and it should burn bin/cue images perfectly fine.

--Zero

That, and I have a NERO and it doesnt support CUE files. What should I do?

Yes it does. Just go to File -> open. Then on the "file type" dropdown menu, there will be something in there that lists *.cue. If you don't see it, then just select the 'all files' option and you'll see it listed.

Then just select the .cue file after that and burn!

Don't worry about the bin. The bin is the actual data. The .cue tells how to burn it. They work together.