IGNORED

Famicom converters?

herehint.png

Google is your friend. :D

http://portable.0catch.com/famicom.html

EDIT the post above slipped in before I could do my post. But I'd like to point out a slight error on TSR's site.:

3. Once you have someone else under your control and doing the job for you, have him use the screwdriver to open up the NES cart. (If you can't be bothered with leaving the house, call MCM Electronics at 1-800-543-4330 and order a 3.8mm security screwdriver bit, part number 22-1145. This is the bit you use to open NES carts.)

If you need the security bit to open the cart, the cart probably don't have the famicom converter. Nintendo didn't use the security bit until about '87, 2 years after the initial release of the NES.

That first link answerd my question. And the picture looked just like the cart I opened. I actually have the the honeybee adapter. Is it hard to come by? I just found it within the last 3 weeks. It's gold.

I've got a few Famicon clones, and i'd like to get a converter to play NES games on one, so I don't have to fight my front loading NES. Doesn't it occur to the people who make Famicon clones that if they're selling them to countries that don't use Famicon size carts, that they could make their machines more desirable by letting them use NES carts? Who wouldn't want to dump their front loader for a machine that you can just plug a cart into without seeing a blinking screen? That would be great!