IGNORED

AD&D protos

johnnywc

Well, I can tell you they exist since I took those pictures. That was at CGE 2000, they were on display/playable at the Intellivision Productions booth. They seemed pretty complete, although I didn't get to thoroughly test them. It's a shame because both games are quite good, but Intellivision Productions cannot release them becuase of the TSR licensing issue. The ROMs have not been made available, although I don't know if they've been approached about that. They'll probably be there again this year - if I was going I would ask them to dump them on the spot to get some high quality screen shots from an emu, then they can keep the ROM if they don't want it distributed. I don't see any possible harm to distributing screen shots, either in terms of licensing or 'value' of the prototype. They also had several others like that, you'll find them in the MNetwork section.

[ 06-21-2001: Message edited by: Alex ]

Thanks for the info Alex! Say - did you happen to get a screenshot/picture of Elevator Action for the 2600? I've read a few threads about it's existence but was very suprised that I couldn't find any definitive proof that it was real... I could have sworn I read about someone here (I think Tempest) actually playing it, but not much else was said.

Thanks again!

It's definitely real - it was recently shown at Phillyclassic, the first time it was on wide display. I don't have and pics as I wasn't there (anyone have any screen pics?), but I know people that played it. It will be for sale in August at CGE, so we'll definitely have more info after that!

I don't have any pics but it's defently real. It came in a standard lab loaner case but it was missing the little white sticker where the name would go. The graphics were very good, I was amazed at how well it played and how close to the original it was. There were a few little glitches (if you pushed up to jump and held it there your guy continuosly hovered), and I don't think there was any sound (or maybe there was no music). I'm looking forward to this one.

The confusion is because this whole thing started out as a little joke by Joe Santulli and John Hardie. Joe kept making vauge hints that EA had been found (it hadn't at that time) and John wrote a fictional account in the DP about how he found the cart to make a point about prototype dumping. After all this the DP actually found Elevator Action and told everyone that it would be Philly. Only problem was after all the hijinks that had been going on no one knew whether to believe him or not. Chalk it up to incredible coincidences I guess.

Tempest

Thanks Alex and Tempest for the info. EA was one of the arcade games I really enjoyed playing as a kid and I'd love to see the 2600 version. Does anyone know whether EA will be sold in other locations besides CGE? I'm in Connecticut and NV is a loong way away!

Why did M-Network suddenly stop production of all those prototypes you have listed screen shots for.

Were they all in production durring the big Atari Crash, or did M-Network give up on Atari games all together??

The screen shots look like they all could have been very cool games.

The crashing market was the culprit. M-Network was jsut one of the many casulties (although they did go on as INTV for a bit). Many good games that were complete or near completion never got put into production.

Tempest