IGNORED

Found in the Wild! UPDATED!

pmpddytim

I found my first decent cart find in the wild today at a new Game-x-change that opened up near my house. They have a lot of atari and intelivision games. Heres what I picked up:

Deadly Duck (My first "Wild" Rarity 4) $0.95

Dolphin .95

River Raid .95

Midnight Magic .95

Enduro .95

Tim

WOW, a Deadly duck loose copy for only .95 cents is a hell of a deal, those people don't know what they are selling so cheap.

Yeah, the kid at the counter kinda laughed and said "Deadly Duck? Never heard of that one, you should get pac-man, its a classic."

I'm going back tomorrow to pick out all the Imagic tiltles they had.

Tim

Went back to the new Game-X-Change today and picked up some more good stuff for $0.95 each. The number before the name is the AA rarity.

4 Activision Checkers

4 Bermuda Triangle

4 California Games

4 Sqeeze Box

4 The Challenge of Nexar

3 Burger Time (M-network)

3 Activision Decathlon

3 Towering Inferno

3 Bugs

3 Encounter at L-5

3 Demons to Diamond (sears)

3 Solar Fox

3 Fire Fighter

2 Activision Megamania

2 Chopper Command

2 Commando Raid

2 Space Jockey

2 Target Fun

2 Atlantis

2 Demon Attack

2 Riddle of the Sphinx

2 Star Voyager

2 Mouse trap

Grand Total = $24.51 8) :D

Tim

Heres a partial pic of this weekends haul. The cart with the glare in the corner is The Challenge Of Nexar.

post-4516-1079460318_thumb.jpg

Just about all the labels are in great shape. Some have little knicks or tears on the end lable but nothing major. I was really impressed witht he activision ones. Checkers is almost perfect with very, very little Activision Spotting. The California games label is a bit rough but thats about the worst.

Tim

The Game xchange here is cheap too, but they usually bundle their atari carts up five for five dollars or something like that and they never have much selection. God forbid they actually get their hands on an atari console because when they do they price the hell out of it.

I found a load of 2600 carts last year in a south London games shop, got the loose ones for 50p each, a few good ones like HERO etc... Also some boxed games pretty cheap, including some mint Imagic boxes, nothing rare though..... anyhow since then I've noticed the said shop posting their atari stuff on ebay so thats probably the end of that... :(

Anyways, looking through local paper the other day and saw a listing in the classifieds for an Atari, not very descriptive but I called them anyway, turns out to be a wood 6 switch (No box :sad: ) with the hookups a stick and paddles, and 19 boxed games..... someone offered £40 but the old dear is holding out for more as she's (Typically) got it in her head that its mega rare, already told her I wont go loads more than about £50 sterling, she seems ok with that possibly, so Im going up there tonight to have a look.. will post the results if I buy it (Which Im sure I will :) )........what could the 19 games be I wonder ?? Combat/pacman.....etc..... Im sure :(

Fingers crossed all the same !

very rare to find anything Atari in the wild in the UK, trust me ! :)

Si

well, not too bad........ the woody was immaculate condition with manuals but no box, but unfortunately the signal is scrambled, so it will have to join the 5 others I have all with the same problem ! :roll:

Paddles/2 x mint original 2600 sticks/ Archer stick still in its box, and 19 boxed complete carts mostly in nice condition, only 2 are tatty/ripped, but all pretty common. :| (No video gems or ITT this time then :( )

Still though, its nice to get something outside of ebay/marketplace for once ! :)

Si

I recently bought a 2600 Jr. A with a bunch of games (pic below) and a Vader with a bunch of games. Both including several controllers and original adapter etc. Both are in great cosmetic condition eventhough they were used and came unboxed. The Jr. still had the plastic on the little metal plate with the rainbow and logo and the Vader initially was pretty dusty, but after a good cleaning it looks like it came right out of the box back in the 80's. The Jr. came with 14 games and the Vader with 11 games.

The games that came with the Jr.

- Donkey Kong Jr. (CBS, PAL)

- Zaxxon (CBS, PAL)

- Megamania (Activision white label, PAL)

- Subterranea (Activision white label, PAL)

- Frostbite (Activision black label, PAL)

- Skiing (Activision pic label, PAL) no activision spots on label :)

- Boom Bang (Quelle, PAL)

- Hey! Stop! (Quelle, PAL) just Keystone Kapers with the Activision logo removed.

- Motocross (Quelle, PAL) same idea as with Enduro, only with motorcycles and a top view. Fun game, too bad it doesn't show right on my older consoles.

- Circus Atari (Atari pic label, PAL)

- Misslile Command (Atari pic label, PAL) title written in uppercase

- Space Invaders (Atari red label, PAL) again display problems on my older consoles :sad:

- Football (Unknown, PAL) Taiwan cart that hardly fits the console

- Super-man (Unknown, PAL) Taiwan cart that hardly fits the console

The games that came with the "Vader":

- Pitfall! (Activision standard label, NTSC)

- Frogger (Parker Brothers, PAL)

- Donkey Kong (CBS, PAL)

- Tron: Deadly Discs (Mattel, ?) I love the movie Tron and I was curious about this game, but the contacts were puched backwards in the cart, not sticking out any more. I opened the cart and took out the body. Nothing on the screen :( I think it's dead.

- Maze Craze (Atari text label, PAL)

- Night Driver (Atari pic label, PAL)

- Pac-Man (Atari pic label, PAL) (my god, it IS as bad as they say!)

- Super Breakout (Atari pic label, PAL)

- Space Invaders (Atari pic label, PAL)

- Missile Command (Atari pic label, PAL) title written in lowercase

- Combat (Atari text label, PAL)

Also had some stuff from eBay and other places:

- Robot Tank (Activision pic label, PAL) wow! I like this game, great graphics too!

- Activision Decatlon (Activision pic label, PAL)

- Moon Patrol (Atari pic label, PAL)

- Jungle Hunt (Atari pic label, PAL)

- Jr. Pac-man (Atari, red label, PAL)

- Pole Position (Atari, pic label, PAL)

- Mario Bros. (Atari, pic label, PAL)

- Joust (Atari pic label, NTSC)

- Galaxian (Atari pic label, NTSC)

And all this below €65

I could have done worse I think

post-4873-1079745591_thumb.jpg

Nice find! I bought another Jr. A + 9 games yesterday for €20. That's quite a lot, but the money went to charity so I thought what the heck. The console didn't even have the power cord, grrrr. The games were quite common and mostly late-80's cheap re-issues of classic games like Pole Position, River Raid (can't believe how crappy quality this platic and label is!) Centipede and Galaxian. There were some nice games like the Quelle rip-off version of Frogger, Roadrunner, a white label cart of H.E.R.O. and a game not mentioned here in the 2600 game archive yet called Sparker Gardon. It is brandless and has a really nice drawn label. I'll post a pic of it when I get home. I haven't had the time to stick it in my 2600 yet, so it could be a rip-off of a well known game under another name or even be a dead cart, but we'll see.

Well, I may yet have found a better 'wild' 2600 deal...... :D

In the local paper, 6 switch wood, complete and boxed with manuals etc.. plus 5 games, £20 !! (Trust me , thats very cheap in the UK) Just hope the box isnt too battered, but at that price its worth a punt !

Going up there to check it out tonight, about a 20/30 minute drive, but thats not too far I suppose. 8)

We shall see how I get on.

Si