IGNORED

Is it me or is Gamestop slowly phasing out the older systems

I recently surfed Gamestop's website and they hardly had anything in terms of SNES and Genesis items. Even Super Mario World was back ordered. This is bad, since I don't want to have to rely on eBay just to find a Super NES cartridge, but it looks like I may have no other choice.

Well, if it's a "properly managed" Gamestop, when you get a field destroy order from corporate, you literally take a hammer and beat the crap out of the item in question. Or the district manager does it, to make sure the items are really destroyed.

Granted, that doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes, those games go home with people.

:ponder:

I know the manager of the Dorchester GameStop, she was my assistant manager at the one in the Dedham Mall (way back when it was known as Funco Land, during my holiday job in 1998.) I've wanted to go over there and see what's going on, but now I might not.

As for F1-ROC and the others I desire, I'll have to do it the hard way I suppose.

By doing this, Gamestop forces collectors to go to outlets such as EBay, local used electronics stores, Bidiots(which could use the traffic anyway), marketplaces such as the AA forum and conventions.

I find it bullshit.

However, I won't miss all those copies of Double Dribble that the local Gamestop had.

Well, if it's a "properly managed" Gamestop, when you get a field destroy order from corporate, you literally take a hammer and beat the crap out of the item in question. Or the district manager does it, to make sure the items are really destroyed.

Granted, that doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes, those games go home with people.

:ponder:

EB was the same way. I tried to get the stuff to go home with me but rarely succeeded. What I was more successful in doing was scanning the price lists for "discontinued" items that were reduced to 1 cent. I got tons of shit that way.