IGNORED

Most humiliating deaths?

intvgene

I just finished playing some Lost Luggage.. It's not really that terrible, especially considering it's from Apollo.

I love how you lose a life... "If you fail to catch the luggage, it will burst open, spilling out your unmentionables". :woozy:

Any other humiliating deaths (or lives lost) in 2600 games?

Here another.

MISSILE COMMAND

Lose the game and you're treated to the sights and sounds of the planet earth blowing up in a cataclysmic explosion.

All signs of humanity is wiped off the face of the earth thanks to your poor gaming skills. If that doesn't qualify as a humiliating death, then I don't know what does.

Some guy worked at an industrial plant operating a hydraulic press. For a goof during break, he'd stuck his head in the machine and waved his arms wildly to amuse his co-workers. To their horror, his arm accidentally hit the operating lever...causing the press to come down, crushing his head.

:ponder:

Not a video game...but it would be pretty embarassing.

Some guy worked at an industrial plant operating a hydraulic press.  For a goof during break, he'd stuck his head in the machine and waved his arms wildly to amuse his co-workers.  To their horror, his arm accidentally hit the operating lever...causing the press to come down, crushing his head.

I don't call that embarassing, I call that stupid!

As stupid as this boy: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/vodul/train2.avi

Hi there!

Some guy worked at an industrial plant operating a hydraulic press.  For a goof during break, he'd stuck his head in the machine and waved his arms wildly to amuse his co-workers.  To their horror, his arm accidentally hit the operating lever...causing the press to come down, crushing his head.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Greetings,

Manuel

Here another.

MISSILE COMMAND

Lose the game and you're treated to the sights and sounds of ...

True but does this really count since there is no way to actually WIN at this game? no matter how many waves you survive.

I like the little people in Human Cannonball when you miss the target, splat!! same goes for Circus Atari and Sky Diver.

[/i]

For true humiliation we have to skip past the 2600 and go straight to the NES:.

The most humiliating loss in any video game is having that evil bastard dog giggle at you in Duck Hunt.  I'd pay fifty bucks for a hack that allows me to shoot the damn dog.

I'm not 100% certain, but I could swear that in the arcade version of Duck Hunt you CAN shoot the dog. Not while he laughs at you, but sometimes he'll jump out of the foliage during the course of normal gameplay. I'm headed off to Funspot (a classic coin-op arcade/museum) sometime in the coming weeks and I know they have a VS Duck Hunt machine there. Expect confirmation either way.

Pitfall - Death by campfire.

I mean really, just walk around the damn thing man! No, Harry feels he needs to jump over it because he is an arrogant show off.

Adventure - Death by bat.

You're just a humble square minding your own business. Using a magic bridge to pass through solid objects when that theiving bat steals your bridge in mid crossing. There you are left stuck in a wall. But don't worry the bat sooon comes back and takes the white key you are holding and leaves a friendly dragon who helps you out of the wall and into his stomach. Of course, then the bat comes back for the third time and picks up the dragon and shows off his evil handy work to everyone in the whole kingdom.

Cheers!

The most humiliating loss in any video game is having that evil bastard dog giggle at you in Duck Hunt.  I'd pay fifty bucks for a hack that allows me to shoot the damn dog.

I'm not 100% certain, but I could swear that in the arcade version of Duck Hunt you CAN shoot the dog. Not while he laughs at you, but sometimes he'll jump out of the foliage during the course of normal gameplay. I'm headed off to Funspot (a classic coin-op arcade/museum) sometime in the coming weeks and I know they have a VS Duck Hunt machine there. Expect confirmation either way.

Yeah, you can shoot him in the arcade but I think you're right, you can't do it while he's laughing. Bastard doesn't die though, I think he hobbles out all bandaged up and shakes a crutch at you or something like that.

I don't call that embarassing, I call that stupid!

Yeah! When's this guy getting his Darwin Award?

JR

:D

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/DuckHun...unt/default.asp

Berzerk!

If you can find any dignity in getting fried by a wall let me know!

Then sometimes you get lit up by one of the robots. One shot does the trick, but NO!! They have to continue to shoot yer smoking carcass in rapid fire mode and leave nothing to bury!! Now that's humiliation!!! :D

I mean really, just walk around the damn thing man! No, Harry feels he needs to jump over it because he is an arrogant show off.

Harry wasn't nimble;

Harry wasn't quick;

Harry jumped in the fire;

and burnt his... :ponder: corduroys!

OT to NES again. When I first got my NES, I played my first full game of Super Mario Bros without making it past the first goomba. If that wasn't humiliating enough, I had to sit and wait for my turn as I watched my older brother pass level after level. Imagine my frustration when it is finally my turn to play and I last approximately 2.5 seconds. :sad: I hate that game!

However, I was quite proud that on the first game I played of Mike Tyson's Punchout, I knocked down Glass Joe once and he never got back up. I'm not sure what the trick is there, but I have only managed to do that once or twice since. Of course then Von Kaiser wooped up on my 10-yr-old bottom... child-beater! :x

Thanks for the link chairmonkey, that version of Duckhunt is long overdue. :-)

It's got to be Combat on any game level when you are playing a friend for the first time and new to the game and you kind of explain the rules as they play.

They shoot you and ask "did I do that right?", with a slight blush to the cheeks you reply "Oh yes, well I... er... thought I would give you a chance".

Quite embarassing, with only a brief moment afforded to wallow in self pity and shame before the plane/tank is back in control again. It happened to me tonight.