IGNORED

So what's the protype, then?

Chris-in-NJ

Do you guys know who programmed it? That really floored me!

I know one of the programmers was the legend Eugene Jarvis. I believe the other name on the info sheet at PC5 was Larry Demar, who worked with him on Robotron as well.

You guys are talking about the 400/800/5200 version? Everyone and their brother knows Jarvis and Demar did the arcade Blaster.. but if they also did the 8-bit version that's very interesting and makes me want it even more :)

Do you guys know who programmed it? That really floored me!

I know one of the programmers was the legend Eugene Jarvis. I believe the other name on the info sheet at PC5 was Larry Demar, who worked with him on Robotron as well.

You guys are talking about the 400/800/5200 version? Everyone and their brother knows Jarvis and Demar did the arcade Blaster.. but if they also did the 8-bit version that's very interesting and makes me want it even more :)

Yes, according to Tempest, they made the game on spec and tried to sell it to Atari. When he gets back from Philly, I'm sure he can elaborate.

It is a great game for the 5200. Really shows off the system.

It was also neat that there was a Blaster arcade game there at PC5.

That's what I meant by my being floored .. I didn't know Jarvis programmed the 5200 version! And it is really awesome, smooth enough and most importantly quite playable, with big fat "sprites" of the towers & robots zooming into you and getting blasted apart, etc!

Of course it doesn't hold a candle to the arcade coin-op version, but had I seen that back in the day, I'd have owned it pronto!

Why would a report from the show cause a delay? In the internet era

news travels around the world instantly. It should be expected that any

significant release at PC will get reported quickly.

To the whistle blower - I salute you! :ahoy:

You might not be as famous as the Watergate and tobacco leaks but

you're up there man! 8)

Why would a report from the show cause a delay? In the internet era

news travels around the world instantly. It should be expected that any

significant release at PC will get reported quickly.

To the whistle blower - I salute you! :ahoy:  

You might not be as famous as the Watergate and tobacco leaks but

you're up there man! 8)

LOL, you guys shouldn't take everything I say so seriously. Matt has been extremely busy and barely had time to even get online. He should be home tonight. :D

The 5200 Blaster was awesome! It's one of those games that really benefits from the multi-directional 5200 controllers, and is at LEAST as fun as the Midway Arcade Treasures version if not maybe more. I wish this could be released to the general public as a cart!