IGNORED

Genesis Question

Mendon

I haven't had a chance to check prices on eBay yet but was at a flea market over the weekend and there was a video game booth in there. One of the things I noticed was the guy had like 15+ Genesis 3's. First time I had actually saw one since I've never gotten into SMS or Genesis collecting at all. Unit sort of reminded me of the small SNES version.

Is the Genesis 3 worth much money? Guy was asking $35 per unit and it included PS, one controller, and one game (varied from Sonic, Altered Beast, Booger Man, etc). Almost picked one up but when I noticed there was no AV on the system I passed.

Thanks in advance!

Mendon

lets just say they dropped to $19.99 new at Meijers so they could sell all the ones that wouldnt sell at $29.99

$35 dollars for a loose Gen3 is highway robbery

$10 at most loose with all hookups and maybe $20 for a new one

that guy probably liquidated a local stores inventory and is trying to make a nice profit

The only game i know of that wont work on a Genny 3 is Virtua Racing. The 32X and Sega CD will also not work, around this area, I see Genesis 1 and 2 units all the time in thrift stores. I wouldnt pay more than 30 bucks for a complete Genny 3, since theyve all but disappeared from stores now.

I paid $25 for mine. It was complete, in the box and came with 2 games. I'm fine with what I paid, but the condition of the whole lot is what sold me.

pic posted here

but thats a genesis2 console :D which is much better then the Gen3 ;)

so the $35 for the loose gen3 is a huge rip off :D

nice grab BTW for $25

Lots of earlier EA games won't work on the genny 3. But then, they wouldn't work on many of the later genny 1 and most genny 2 models either. The game genie is another device that won't work on the Genesis 3. Not sure the reasons, but it could be because of the lack of the z80 on it. The z80 on the Genesis didn't do a whole lot, but it was used for some control of the music, graphics, and controllers. In fact it was pretty multipurpose in that it help control just about anything you wanted. Not really all at once of course, but it was handy to have available. Some games use the z80 and mainly I believe it was in the graphics. I have no idea what the z80 did, probably cached sprites or something ahead of time, but for as cheap as the z80 even was back then, I am suprised it was even cut out of the genny 3. Then again, the z80 can't take up some space when used...so perhaps it was not to cut costs...but to cut size further.

:?