IGNORED

Ok post some of your setups again! ;)

• 2 months later...

dw-520Ste.JPG

This is my 520STe. Alas it's sitting idle under my desk right now as it's hard drive has died, so it's pretty much useless to my needs until such time as I can afford to get it sorted out. It's recased in a Maplin's ATX tower case which was orginally white (which looked crap, so I resprayed it black to go with the key'b and mouse, as you might just be able to see in the pic, one side panel is still white as it needed to be changed and I have not get round to spraying it yet) with a 300w ATX PSU, 4mb RAM, and type 4 Eiffel card from Satantronic. It also has an RLL hard drive controller taken from a Megafile 30, and a Panther ISA board to take an ET4000 graphics card,a 32mb RLL hard drive, TOS 1.62 and a VGA adapter. The ET4000 has been plundered from it for the Nova card I've just got the TT, though hopefully I'll get a second one later so they can both have decent screen resolutions. One thing i want to do on this system possibly swapping it's old RLL controller for a SCSI one, and using the old 50mb drive out of the TT for it when I upgrade the TT's drive to a larger one. Failing this if ST Labs IDE and memory upgrade board makes it out would be using this to add an old IDE drive to it and upgrade the RAM to 14mb. Since this is no longer my main system it will probably come down to whichever is easier and cheaper, though the STLabs design also incorporates a TOS 2.06 upgrade, and before this systems HD died I intended to fit a TOS upgrade so might kill two birds with one stone.

dw-TT030.JPG

And here's the TT. I've only just got this machine so haven't had a chance to do anything much with it yet. it's fitted with TOS 3.06, 2mb ST ram, 16mb TT ram and a 50mb SCSI drive and is connected to an old 15" Dell SVGA monitor and has an AT bus mouse. It's a german machine complete with German TT keyboard and desktop. I have a Nova graphics card adapter which I'm going to use with the ET4000 from the STe, and give it an ethernet connection (if it makes it out, possibly the VME bus version of the CT-link, as USB support could be useful), and either get the TOS reprogrammed to the UK English version or possibly get English MagiC instead. Also on the cards at some point when money permits.

*Bigger hard drive (850mb upward)

*CaTTamaran board

*CD-RW

The pink fluffy bunny sitting behind the monitor was an "ironic" present. The small statue next to the monitor is of my digital namesake:)

dw-tt030statue.jpg