IGNORED

2600 Controller on PC?

Luigi301

Is it possible to use a 2600 controller on a PC? I have a DB-9 socket on the back of my computer, the same kind as on the back of my 2600. Is the pinout the same, and would I be able to use it with a 2600 emulator such as Stella? I've used Sega controllers on my Atari before, so I'm guessing it won't blow up or anything... Would I need a wire converter or something?

from the linked page above:

We have worked closely with the authors of the excellent z26 Atari 2600 emulator for Windows and an updated version of z26 has been released that automatically recognizes when the Stelladaptor is plugged in and allows you to play joystick, paddle, and driving controller games. You can also use your Atari 2600 joystick and paddle controllers in the popular MAME arcade emulator.

Stelladaptor will work with any emulators that support standard USB controllers. Paddle controllers will only work in emulators that allow configuration of analog USB controllers (such as MAME32 and MacMAME), or emulators that have been updated to directly support the Stelladaptor (such as z26). We will be working with emulator authors to add native support to additional emulators in the future.

hope that helps. :) :spidey:

Great. A #retrogamer followed me here too. Gonna kickban me from here?

I don't recall ever kicking you a single time from there. Matter of fact I think I only ever kick myself! :D

And no I didn't "follow" you here. You merely found ME here :)