IGNORED

Another of my "curiosity" questions

Mendon

Was playing Jawbreaker on my 5200 the other day and decided to try the 2600 version. I Had totally forgotten that the two games are different, in that the 5200 version is a pretty straight-up Pac-Man clone where the 2600 version is more of a "Taz" game and not maze oriented.

Out of curiosity, anyone know why they changed the gameplay on the two versions but kept the same name? Anyone think of any other games where they changed the gameplay but kept the same name when the game went from one system to another?

Just curious.

Thanks in advance!

Mendon

I think Jawbreaker for the 2600 was based on one of the sequels which was for the Atari 8-bit home computers.  I've never heard of the original game being ported to the 5200, however.

Thanks for the response, Vic!

I was actually playing Jawbreaker on a Multi-cart so its possible it was a A8 conversion. I would have to fire up the system again to check as I didn't really pay attention to the title screen when the game loaded.

Mendon

I think Jawbreaker for the 2600 was based on one of the sequels which was for the Atari 8-bit home computers.  I've never heard of the original game being ported to the 5200, however.

Thanks for the response, Vic!

I was actually playing Jawbreaker on a Multi-cart so its possible it was a A8 conversion. I would have to fire up the system again to check as I didn't really pay attention to the title screen when the game loaded.

Mendon

It's definitely an XE/XL conversion. Jawbreaker was never released for the 5200 and a prototype has never been found.