IGNORED

NEs rom problem

Avid Fan

I'm compiling roms of all the NES games I have to run with PocketNES (the GBA NES emulator) now I've found working roms of all the games I need except for 2. I cant find a working one for Castlevania 3. And all of the Mike Tyson's Punchout (and regular Punch-Out) will play, but have messed up graphics and all of the letters are garbled. Are there working roms of these games? I'm trying to get them so I can pack up my NES, and just have my Gamecube (with a GBA Player) run everything, including the NES. But my plan is shot because of these 2 games. I've heard that Punch-Out is on Animal Crossing, but it hast been unlocked. And I dont wanna spend 30 dollars on a game I've had since I was 6

You can get a good working Mike Tyson rom at a place called Emuconnect.com, as for the Castlevania rom its the emulator thats the problem more than likely, not the rom. Out of all the NES emulators out there I've only found two that will run it, FCE Ultra and a Famicom emulator called Famtasia. Most emulators won't support the mappers on Castlevania 3.

You can get a good working Mike Tyson rom at a place called Emuconnect.com, as for the Castlevania rom its the emulator thats the problem more than likely, not the rom. Out of all the NES emulators out there I've only found two that will run it, FCE Ultra and a Famicom emulator called Famtasia. Most emulators won't support the mappers on Castlevania 3.
Bullshit.

The PROBLEM isn't the emulators. It's the headers.

GoodNES does not check headers, and headers are vital to NES emulation.

So it is quiote possible for a ROM image to pass GoodNES, and still be a complete trainwreck.

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/nesaud.html

Get NESToy. Learn to love it.

• 4 weeks later...
For some reason i Super C doesn't run at all, yet i've that it's compatible with 7.1. oh well. Still, thanx.

Works fine on my copy. The only worthwhile rom I've found that wasn't compatible with NesterDC 7.1 was Rygar.

You might just have a goofy copy of the rom that NesterDC has trouble with... I had the same thing happen with a handful of other games like Gyruss. The rom worked fine with other emulators, but for whatever reason (bad headers perhaps?) NesterDC didn't approve of it.

--Zero