IGNORED

Addicted to NES Pin Bot

figgler

Pin Bot is GREAT! The table is a little hard to see at first, but once you figure out where everything is, its no problem.

Pin Bot is great. When you get the board colors to change and that little glob tries to eat your ball, things really get crazy.

Very good pinball game, physics take a bit of getting used to, but other than that, its great! :) :spidey:

I would go as far as to say that PinBot and High Speed were probably the best two pinball sims until the last five or so years. Between the realistic physics and their added "bonuses" (robots, etc.) there hasn't ever been another game like it.

I was also surprised that I have SNES games where multiball balls do not strike each other during the mode. PinBot's balls react nearly perfectly on the NES.

Great games. Love 'em!

• 2 weeks later...
If you like PinBot, you have to also find High Speed for the NES.  It's the same basic thing, but based on a different pinball machine.  I personally prefer PinBot just a little more, but I was really surprised by High Speed's great quality too.

I went looking in the wild, found High Speed and bought it based on your recommendation. You're right - same idea, but different enough. Also much faster! I'll be logging some hours on this one too.

Any more NES pinball recommmendations?

Yes! I LOVE NES Pin-Bot!

I used to love the old Pin-Bot machine, so when I saw an NES cart of it on eBay, I snatched it up... even though it would be another year before I actually owned an NES console to play it on!

Now that I've sold my Taxi pinball machine and my Dell PC (which had the Microsoft Pinball Arcade on it... great emulations of classic Gottlieb tables), NES Pin-Bot is the only game in town!

I think I should get my NES hooked back up tonight so I can play a few rounds!

Jack*Bot, for VPinMAME+VisualPinball. A genuine sequel to Pinbot and Bride of Pinbot, I'd never seen an actual machine, but try this one in emulation on your PC.

Personal high score so far, 19.8 billion points (with the two allowed single-ball buy in continues).

Addictive as heck, and a genuine evlution from the Pinbot idea, while still maintaining the basic charachter of the original pins.

Try it!

I went looking in the wild, found High Speed and bought it based on your recommendation.  You're right - same idea, but different enough.  Also much faster!  I'll be logging some hours on this one too.

Any more NES pinball recommmendations?

Not any for the NES. I would suggest True Pinball for the PSX, Microsoft Pinball Arcade and Williams Pinball Classics for the computer as other really good ones, but honestly nothing compares to those two old school NES games. Some of the best physics around, and based on truly awesome machines.

Can anyone get past PinBot's fourth table? I have never been able to do it! Usually getting past the third with the missile dropping wasps is frustrating enough.

This is one of the big reasons I love this game, you can play for a high score, or you can play to progress to further tables.

Funny that I saw this post: I just spent WAY too much of the month of March playing this game. It didn't come out of my NES until I was able to get the "#1 score," and was treated to the credits. That took a while. I also like how you can shake the table, which seems necessary at times to keep the ball from exiting on the sides.

I, too, couldn't get past the fourth table. It's pretty difficult to light up everything and then hit the ball up the ramp when you have to worry about those missles dropping and killing your flippers...and the wasps outright taking your ball away (I didn't know they were wasps...I hate wasps)!

I was never a big fan of the Nintendo Pinball game. The Mario portion of it used to keep me trying to get to it...wasn't it a Breakout-type of game at that point? I've Never played any other pinball games on the NES other than those two. Once you've played Pinbot, I don't think you'll get much out of Pinball, though.

I, too, couldn't get past the fourth table.  It's pretty difficult to light up everything and then hit the ball up the ramp when you have to worry about those missles dropping and killing your flippers...and the wasps outright taking your ball away (I didn't know they were wasps...I hate wasps)!

I don't really know if they are wasps, but if you rapidly bump the table they will usually drop the ball

PinBot and High Speed are sweet games....

If you have a Jaguar, be sure to get Ruiner Pinball and Pinball Fantasies...IMO those are the top two console pinballs ever, and both on our beloved Jaguar!....I like em even better than the highly esteemed Devil's Crush for TG-16(which is awesome too :) )...and just look at the value there...for 2 Pinball cartridges, you get 6 tables!

Awesome game. It was one of the featured titles in the second Nintendo World Championships (which I rarely hear any talk about). After playing SMB3, you had to score 100000 on Pinbot, then you could build up points on Dr.Mario until time ran out. So the key to the game was that one target which scores the full 100000 instantly. If you didn't hit that the first time you were guaranteed to lose your round. I made it through 2 rounds before missing that one in the regional Ohio finals.

I'd have to second the Rollerball recommendation. The game was brought to you by the same folks who did Kirby's Pinball, so you know it's good. Pinball Quest, though... ugh! You can't be serious!

That Rock 'n Ball game that was released in the United States was actually a hacked version of a Japanese game by Namco, Family Pinball. The original game actually had a Pac-Man table, but it was substancially altered when the game was renamed and released in the States. Shame, that.

Personally, out of all the pinball sims I've played on video game systems, Dragon's Fury/Devil Crush is my favorite. It was a great Turbografx-16 game that held up nearly as well on the Genesis. The American made sequel sucked much penis, but you can ignore it and go straight to Fantastic Pinball, the spin-off Technosoft made for the Japanese Saturn. It's supposed to be a lot like Devil Crush, but with pastel graphics and much cuter characters.

JR

Personally, out of all the pinball sims I've played on video game systems, Dragon's Fury/Devil Crush is my favorite.  It was a great Turbografx-16 game that held up nearly as well on the Genesis.  The American made sequel sucked much penis, but you can ignore it and go straight to Fantastic Pinball, the spin-off Technosoft made for the Japanese Saturn.  It's supposed to be a lot like Devil Crush, but with pastel graphics and much cuter characters.

Ahh yes, Devil's Crush! While I never played the NES games mentioned in this thread, I sure played Devil's Crush to death and it's a great pinball game. Makes me want to hunt down a TG-16 emulator, or better still, hook up my TurboDuo. :)

..Al

Is anyone familiar with SNES Super Pinball: Behind the Mask?

Very disturbing! Can't say exactly what it is... maybe the graphics, the darkenss, the voice acting.. but something about this game is very wrong. Not wrong like it's flawed (it is that too), but it has a way about it that feels sleazy or innapropriate or something. Makes me feel dirty to play it. Weird..

Ahh yes, Devil's Crush!  While I never played the NES games mentioned in this thread, I sure played Devil's Crush to death and it's a great pinball game.  Makes me want to hunt down a TG-16 emulator, or better still, hook up my TurboDuo. :)

..Al

I've tried to win a Devil's Crush for TG-16 at least four times on eBay with no luck. Oh well, at least I did score an Alien Crush. HELLADICTIVE.