IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

Alot higher than that probably, 5K or 10K i'm guessing.

VeRy raRe sEaLeD OuT Of CoNtRoL

God bless our troops, Atari forever, Have your pet spayed or neutered....

Why did this only go for $1430 shipped? Is the Atari 2600 market for rare games down? It's a great sealed copy of this game. Something like this would go for the $2,000's a few years ago if not more. It really sort of is a downer, and I don't own any super valuable games anymore.

Edited by homerwannabee

Why did this only go for $1430 shipped? Is the Atari 2600 market for rare games down? It's a great sealed copy of this game. Something like this would go for the $2,000's a few years ago if not more. It really sort of is a downer, and I don't own any super valuable games anymore.

I have to agree with you Homer. I thought it would go for more than that. The only reason I can think of is in the last couple years, there has been quite a few loose Out Of Control carts for sale. Prior to 2010 it was seen much less often.

I have to agree with you Homer. I thought it would go for more than that. The only reason I can think of is in the last couple years, there has been quite a few loose Out Of Control carts for sale. Prior to 2010 it was seen much less often.

Yeah, but loose Music Machine carts have always been around, and that did not stop a sealed Music Machine from going to $5,000 a couple of years ago. This is not the only example though. I have also seen this with Condor Attack boxed. A couple of years ago I saw a game like that go for over $2,000, and now it's going for $1,200.

It seems to me at least that the market for rarity 9 boxed games has dipped drastically. Also Out of Control was one of the rarer rarity 9 games if I am not mistaken with a production number of 1,000 or something like that. I guess the only thing not affected now by the Atari 2600 market down turn are super rare rarity 10 games, and boxed rarity 10 games. Even that I am not too sure has survived the market down turn.

Personally I'm hoping it is the start of a downward movement in "the market". I think it's going to happen sooner or later, but wouldn't think we're there quite yet. I have no preconceived notions about the value of my "collection". It's priceless to me, but I don't buy anything with the thought that this is an investment in my future. I look forward to the day the speculators move on and the prices drop to the point where it's no longer profitable to buy an "Out of Control" just to attempt to re-sell for double your money.

There's a few manuals in there I'd like to have. Snoopy, Shootin' Gallery.. Nice looking Pigs in Space manual in there, but I don't need it.

If someone buys this and wants to sell some of those manuals, let me know.

Crap. I knew I should have placed a bid on this one to prevent someone from offering a buy out. It didn't have a BIN initially and someone got a deal here.

http://rover.ebay.co...=p2047675.l2557

$100 for a huge game lot including Chase the Chuckwagon, Boing, Cosmic Commuter & Demolition Herby. You can't wait to bid on anything anymore. Someone is always out there trying to make a back room deal. :mad:

Reseller pal52 won that Boing and Chuckwagon, he has them relisted much higher than he paid for them.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F111064460790