IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

Back in the late 80's and early 1990's I was a very active collector of Atari 2600 stuff. I managed to amass a collection of over 350 unique cartridges. I was very active on the rec.games.video.classic newsgroup and participated in developing a few collector guides. After I discovered arcade and pinball collecting, I lost interest in my 2600 collection and packed it away in storage. That was in 1998.

After a couple of moves, getting married and having a kid, I've decided it's time to sell off my collection. I have a large number of fairly rare games and a fair number of boxed cartridges. I've just put up the cream of my collection on ebay.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/m.html?_ipg=96&_ssn=nasalgoat&_sop=10

Some of the rarer stuff includes a few Best Electronics prototypes and a mint, boxed copy of Espial. All have a starting bid of $1 and no reserve. I'm not a dealer, I'm just a former collector finally liquidating my collection after 20 years.

After these auctions finish I'll continue putting batches of games up until they're all gone.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1217694943991?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=121769494399&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] $115 Canadian - wow! I need to put some of my 'skull island' vcarts on eBay.ca

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an interesting auction.... Rare as hen's teeth but I just can't see a sale price this high. I've been wrong before though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/General-Consumer-Electrics-MR-BOSTON-Clean-Sweep-for-Vectrex-SUPER-RARE-L-K-/221913905536?hash=item33ab197980

"We have NOT tested it or cleaned the contacts. It is too valuable for us to mess with."

• 2 weeks later...

I remember this seller from some time back posting all kinds of fake stuff. I could have sworn he was in the states then though. Anyway, nearly a guarantee for it being a repro.

I've come to the realization that I will never own the truly rare of rare games now in this day and age. With the ease of printing labels and burning your own carts, I wouldn't trust anything put out there. If some chance I can ever find stuff in the wild, that would be my only hope of finding anything, or I get it from a very, very reputable collector.

Phil

I think the current high bid is happiestsellerever. Not sure what he's thinking. The guys a slimeball and unreputable, but I would think he knows better than to overspend by that much. The only thing I can figure is that he plans to resale this as NTSC.

I think the current high bid is happiestsellerever. Not sure what he's thinking. The guys a slimeball and unreputable, but I would think he knows better than to overspend by that much. The only thing I can figure is that he plans to resale this as NTSC.

Maybe he has a loose ntsc cart already and will try and put this box and manual with it and then list a cib ntsc for a few thousand :P

Well I reported the item as keyword spamming as they're not selling anything other than Mangia.

I was wondering about the PAL sticker mentioned in the auction. Have any PAL Air Raids been found? I'm surprised any would be made with so few carts being produced.

No and there isn't any PAL Air Raids,that is just more evidence of the cart being fake,the makers of Air Raid barely made enough for the USA market,the company was not big enough to expand to PAL lands.

Edited by pangasinan

• 2 weeks later...