IGNORED

SNES ebay prices

I've noticed a "hardening" of the market prices on eBay for SNES.

Normally I only browse ebay.co.uk I did speculate, that the increase in retro sections of magazines, and of course, the new publication Retro Gamer, might be in part responsible for the increased demand.

I think I did reasonably well getting this lot for £30 from a bloke on another bboard.

Mario Kart

Super Mario World/All Stars

Donkey Kong Country

Donkey Kong Country 2

Mario Paint with mouse

the SNES is a pain in the ass to collect for.  most decent games go for at least ten dollars for the cart only.

You're right, my local gaming store asks 29.99 for Mario All Stars/World. Ridiculous!

Luckily there is a good number of fun games that I've hunted down for $5-$7; Breath of Fire, Art of Fighting, Gradius 3 and such.

In general though, SNES isn't getting cheaper anytime soon

I just sold my copy of Super Mario All Stars to Krytol for $7.

Maybe if it had been EBay, a newbie bidding war might have driven it up.

Regardless, I have no patience for EBay and I would rather another collector on here have a shot at owning it. :D

Funny, I just got an SNES with Donkey Kong Country AND Super Mario World for free. Why would anyone pay over 50 dollars anyway for such a common system is beyond me.

So now I have 2 of everything mentioned...because I bought those same games new when they came out.

Well prices are relative. It makes sense to some folks to pay what is basically the equivalent of one full price PS2 game for a system with games, particularly if they don't have time or in some cases the transport to go hunting.

Personally I am giving eBay a miss for a time as a buyer and a seller. H'mmm that subject might be worthy of it's own thread later on, when I've gathered my thoughts.