IGNORED

For those couples out there....

Nateo

Does your girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse play your classic games with you? Last Friday night, my girlfriend came over and we spent a good amout of time playing Ice Hockey and Othello on my 2600. Which is pretty cool, considering this is the girl who before wouldnt even touch anything video game related. Now her favorites are Pong and the aformentioned Othello! And I never thought she'd ever play video games with me :D

My wife plays a variety of video games from my collection. She seems to like NES/SNES games the most but she also loves Kaboom on the VCS. She and I play a lot of Mario Party 1-5 too.

Her real favorites though are PC card/puzzle games and those adventure horror games like 7th Guest.

I used to play Dr.Mario with some girl I knew back in high school but since then, I haven't run across any women who were into games.

I dated a friend of mine named Karen and she gave me her Sears heavy sixer and all her games before she left for Michigan. She has a PS2. I wish she had stayed in VT and I was still dating her..LOL.

Video games are a great icebreaker. I just don't know how to convince women I meet that I'm not too obsessed with collecting.

My wife really doesn't play much other than Project Gotham 2. She loves "racing". Ocasionally I can get her to play a classic now and then. She does enjoy game hunting and she encourages me to continue, so I don't complain about her lack of interest in actually plaing the games.

Used to spend many hours alternating turns in games like super mario all-stars and donkey kong country with my wife. When she was pregnant we would stay up late nights playing duke nukem all the time.

When the xbox and halo came out we spent alot of time playing multiplayer games.

No wonder my son seems to like FPS's so much!!

My wife doesn't care a lot for video games, but she'll still play a few rounds of the classics (Ms. Pac Man, Centepede, Dig Dug) on my MAME cab. She doesn't seem very impressed by my 2600, even less impressed by my PS2.

-S

My wife plays Theme Hospital (PS1) and Doshin the Giant (GC)on her own and Burnout 2 (GC) with me.

I've got her Harvest Moon GC for her birthday so that'll be the end of Gamecubing for me for a month :)

My wife loves playing baseball games we play alot of pete rose baseball on the 2600 and MLB 2005 on the ps2. She beats me sometimes. :roll: Back when i had a N64 we played Ken Griffey Jr baseball like all the damn time. She also likes to play any and all mario games on the NES and SNES plus frogger and for some reason airlock on the 2600.

The Mrs will challenge any fool stupid enough to question her gaming skills to Smash Bros Melee or MKDA. :D She really only plays one classic game though - Venture on the ColecoVision. Yes, it's her old Atari I use, but she's not interested in 2600 games much.

My girlfriend plays games but has a low attention span for them. In the past week she's played:

Sims (Xbox)

Bloodrayne (GC)

Dark Age of Camelot (MMORPG)

Lineage II Beta (MMORPG)

Gunbound (online PC game)

and several flash games on Yahoo.

We don't really play together too much because of scheduling and interest conflicts.

My partner's sudden intense fascination with Super Mario Sunshine in TRU last year while we were shopping for my niece led me to buy a Gamecube.... only to discover the music playing over and over drove him insane. I've bought about 20 games for the GC since then and it's gotten to the point where even when I put in a brand new game (in tonight's case, Super Smash Bros. Melee) he has to leave the room.

He does have one weakness as far as classic console games go. That would be Kaboom! Sadly, both sets of 2600 paddles I've bought off the net have been completely jittery and in one case rattly, and I am not the sort of guy who takes hardware apart, ever. So Mad Bomber under Linux is as close as it gets for him.... but he seems to actually like it *better* with the mouse, so I say more power to him.

I've got her Harvest Moon GC for her birthday so that'll be the end of Gamecubing for me for a month :)

On the Haverst Moon can you choose to be a boy or girl? I've been thinking of getting this one for my wife's birthday also since she likes Animal Crossing.

On topic, the wifey and I play Super Smash Malee together.

My wife is brilliant at hunting for games, but not so fond of playing them. In fact I think she enjoys hunting for games more than I do. So that's coole with me. :D

For instance, she bought me Gunstar Heroes boxed with manual for 75pence last summer. :)

My wife loves playing baseball games we play alot of pete rose baseball on the 2600 and MLB 2005 on the ps2. She beats me sometimes. :roll:  Back when i had a N64 we played Ken Griffey Jr baseball  like all the damn time. She also likes to play any and all mario games on the NES and SNES plus frogger and for some reason airlock on the 2600.

My wife read this post and was a bit mad that i left out some of her favorite games LoL. She also loves to play Galaga on my 7800 and for the 2600 she loves playing Moon Patrol TAZ Activision Tennis Activision Checkers and Warlords there got em all i hope! :D