IGNORED

SECAM?

here is a quote from this website

So PAL / SCEAM Atari 2600, 5200, 7800 Game cartridges are not fully compatible with the US NTSC Systems in most cases

I think you should ask the seller to cancel your bid first (If he is nice he will) and if he doesn't do that, go for the bid retraction. :(

Email and make sure that those are really SECAM. I would ask about withdrawing your bid and then do it. The auction should say that they are SECAM up front. That is important information in a U.S. Ebay auction, and yes it says SECAM, but not really well. I would have stated prominently if the cart is PAL or SECAM. See what others think because $50 + shipping is a lot.

They made Custer's Revenge and Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em in SECAM? That seems odd... especially considering the seller is in NY. I'd say there's a decent chance that it's just a mistake, so you might want to ask the guy first before you cancel your bid.

bjk7382: Where did you find that picture? I'd be interested in reading up on some of the other formats listed on there... I was only aware of NTSC, PAL, PAL-M, and SECAM.

--Zero

bjk7382: Where did you find that picture? I'd be interested in reading up on some of the other formats listed on there... I was only aware of NTSC, PAL, PAL-M, and SECAM.

--Zero

I can't remember, I have thousands of pictures I have saved over the years and this is one that I have posted a couple times when tv formats come up. I think I was searching for multiformat tv's when I seen it. I'll look around and see what I can find.

Yeah I'd find it hard to believe those are SECAM. Very few games were actually made specifically in SECAM. They're most likely PAL or NTSC, but if they are SECAM then they're probably worth something as they'd be very rare.

Tempest

Yeah I'd find it hard to believe those are SECAM.  Very few games were actually made specifically in SECAM.  They're most likely PAL or NTSC, but if they are SECAM then they're probably worth something as they'd be very rare.

Tempest

I thought for sure I read somewhere that all secam cartriges were just pal and the secam atari made it work on secam tv's. I don't think there are ANY actual secam cartriges. Just like pal-m uses ntsc carts and makes them look normal with a pal-m system.

I dont know cause I never sold any video games before but is secam close enough to ntsc that he might have clicked it? I have beat em and eat em and it's a fun game that all my friends constantly ask to play. Ive wanted the custers revenge for over a year now but havent seen the oppertunity that I was looking for.

I have beat em and eat em and it's a fun game that all my friends constantly ask to play.  Ive wanted the custers revenge for over a year now but havent seen the oppertunity that I was looking for.

You know pretty much all the adult titles are 4k and can be played thru a supercharger without buying the cartriges. I throw on a few of them every once in a while and my friends get a kick out of them. :D