IGNORED

Got Tired Playing Sonic

First I only had sonic 1 and sonic spinball. I hate sonic spinball so I really don't play it. Sonic 1 was not really that interesting but defenetly playable. Then I picked up sonic cd. The music, levels and extra goodies got me hooked. My next pickup was sonic 2 and still being hook I played it up to the end. I recently picked up Sonic 3 and currently working my way through that. Then the other day I picked up sonic and knuckles. I don't know if it is just the fact I never completed sonic 2 even though I got all the way to the end. That a few years ago I picked up sonic cd and my brother ereased the memory so I had to start over again (Sonic CD is still my favorite). But I just cannot play sonic and knuckles. I cannot seem to get started on Sonic 1. I find myself wondering between sonic cd and sonic 3 because I already started those games. Perhaps one article was right about sequells. If they are to much the same they get boring. If this is the case then why sonic 2, 3 and defenetly the sonic cd is doable?

Thanks,

ussexplorer

I agree about Spinball. Have Sonic & Knuckels but not bothered with it.

I used to play Sonic 2 a lot. Got to the point where I could get loads of continues and extra lives, and get to the end without dying once. I even managed to defeat the robot sonic with some rings left over, only to find to my dismay they were removed when I fought the giant robotnik at the end.

Depsite all the lives and continues I had aquired I never managed to defeat him. :( Never got all the chaos emeralds in the bonus levels though, I think 3 was my limit. After that dissapointment, I've never really bothered playing much Sonic again. :|

I like Sonic Spinball. It is a fun game to spend an entire afternoon playing. While I still play Sonic 1-3 from time to time, I tend to play them on an emulator that allows me to save the state of the game. I don't have the patience anymore to play the entire game through in one sitting.

sonic 3 and Knuckles is an outstanding platformer. the two games by themselves are only above average, but lock the two carts together, and you have one hell of a game.

but i still like sonic 2 the best, and sonic CD is great if you ever pick up a sega CD system.