IGNORED

PacMan-is there really any platform it didn't come out on?

CD32 or PCFX ;)

I don't know... but I don't remember a pac man on either of these.

the amigacd32 had plenty of pacman conversions. The best one is

called Super Pac Man.. this version was so cool that one of the "fruits"

was a gun you could use to blow away the ghosts.

kvn

Don't know about the VIC-20 though

Vic-20 had Ms. Pac-Man, but I'm not sure about regular old Pac-Man.

The Vic-20 did have Pac-Man (I assume it was by Atarisoft, I've only ever played the ROM) as well as Commodore's own "Jelly Monsters" which, while it appeared to share some code with Pac-Man, was probably the best home version of Pac-Man out for any system at that point (sorry, never liked the Atari 8-bit/C64/Colecovision one, took too long to run across the bottom of the maze....)

The Saturn is one of the few mainstream systems that got boned out of a Pac-Man conversion. See, Namco designed games exclusively for the Playstation when it was first released... and by the time it branched out to other consoles, the Saturn was long dead in the United States and on its way out in Japan. So yes, Virginia, there ARE major consoles out there which never felt the warm caress of a Pac-Man game.

Oh well. At least the Saturn got Space Invaders.

JR

Don't know about the VIC-20 though

Vic-20 had Ms. Pac-Man, but I'm not sure about regular old Pac-Man.

The Vic-20 did have Pac-Man (I assume it was by Atarisoft, I've only ever played the ROM) as well as Commodore's own "Jelly Monsters" which, while it appeared to share some code with Pac-Man, was probably the best home version of Pac-Man out for any system at that point (sorry, never liked the Atari 8-bit/C64/Colecovision one, took too long to run across the bottom of the maze....)

Don't forget Cosmic Cruncher. I still have my original cartridge. I believe one of the better Pac-Man clones I've every played...And that is on a Vic-20 with a *monochrome* monitor at the time.

Via Vice, I can relive those memories again. It's actually funny for me to play the game in color though - I actually like to switch to monochrome mode. :D

Wait, the Jaguar DID have a homebrew Pacman game. I forget the name...Ah, JagMania. It's a PacMania clone. Matthias Domin made it. http://jaguar.holyoak.com/shareware.html has info. So, does that count?

*edit: Now that I look back, somebody already mentioned that one. Cripes. I gotta learn to read the posts better...*

I think all of the later 8 bit micros (including the Spectrum, Amstrad, C64)  had at least official conversions of Pacmania and Pacland.  This also goes for the 16 bits (ST and Amiga).

Don't know about the VIC-20 though, or the Tandy CoCo/Dragon 32, or the Oric 1/ Oric Atmos.

I am fairly certain that the Tandy CoCo/Dragon 32 never received an official/licensed port of Pac Man, though there were several clones.

If memory serves, the Coco had officially licensed ports of Zaxxon, Pooyan, Frogger (I think), and Demon Attack. There were tons of clones of popular games, of course, some very good ports.

The Vic-20 did have Pac-Man (I assume it was by Atarisoft, I've only ever played the ROM) as well as Commodore's own "Jelly Monsters"

Don't forget Cosmic Cruncher. I still have my original cartridge.

Hey, I did forget about that, and that was another Commodore game. They were really pushing their luck ;)

I can't find a single Vic-20 shrine with screenshots around the web, so I can't post a screenshot of either one, and my archive of the last TOSEC Vic-20 flood is on an unlabeled CD somewhere - feel like posting a screenshot or two?