IGNORED

I JUST HAD A GREAT IDEA

These boards should look more classic. Like all the fonts being in like pixelated form and have the colors look like old commodore 64 menus. That would be so cool to go along with the theme of classic gaming. What do you think?

GeoThumbsDown1sm.jpg

Try some themes on your own pc, that'll screw things up nicely, no need to mess with the board, :twisted:

You can even go so far to change text, make it so it's hard to read and stuff looks cool thou!

I think people still surf on old C128's maybe even go that route :ponder: Or put a green overlay infront of your monitor nice effects too!

Or try here too,

http://www.atari.st/index.php

Let me elaborate.

You can install multiple themes for a PHPBB2 board, which is exactly what this one is. The theme that comes with the board installation is called subSilver, and is what most people modify to suit their site. When you install other styles/themes, it corrupts NOTHING, merely giving each user the option to change the way they see the board.

Digital Press has a "woodgrain" theme, along with many others. I think the problem though, is that if you apply a theme to a site, it alters more than just the forums. It has to affect all the stuff at the top of the screen too, which then carries over into the entire rest of the site.

So basically, if Albert wants to add a theme to the boards, he pretty much has to alter the theme to suit the site, and possibly alter some of the site to be able to compensate for it. Plus, if any future changes are made, you have to be careful that the change works with all the other themes. It could end up being a lot of work.

--Zero

I like the board the way it is, no need to change. :twisted:

Honestly I do think it starts to loose class as you add umpteen multiple themes to the board. People start using different types of themes, which work with different fonts, which don't all work well together, sig files get color coded to their preferred board style meanwhile I'm looking at crap on my end. The DP board is crap now since they started with all the various themes.

I like the board the way it is, no need to change.  :twisted:  

Honestly I do think it starts to loose class as you add umpteen multiple themes to the board. People start using different types of themes, which work with different fonts, which don't all work well together, sig files get color coded to their preferred board style meanwhile I'm looking at crap on my end. The DP board is crap now since they started with all the various themes.

On the other hand...

I'm no fan of the subSilver theme. It's too bright for my tastes.

And color-coded signatures are icky anyways. :P

It is a lot of work to design nice themes that are pleasing to read and not just pretty eye candy that quickly gets old. The current theme we have may not be the flashiest, but I feel it works well and it matches the rest of the site (more or less). We will not create any additional themes for PHPBB as we will be moving away from it, but the theme we've designed for IPB has been changed a bit and matches the rest of the site better. After things get settled with that migration, we can look at creating a few other themes, but I don't want to haphazardly create new themes just because we can. :)

..Al