IGNORED

should I get a Lynx?

chrishicks

will Lynx 1 games work on the Lynx 2? I might start trying to get some games but I don't want to buy the wrong ones. I plan on trying to get a Lynx 2.

Yep, and vice-versa. That is to say, the differences between a Lynx I and Lynx II are primarily cosmetic and in the form of an enhancement or two, such as stereo sound on a Lynx II. Lynx games will run fine on either one, as I understand it.

will Lynx 1 games work on the Lynx 2? I might start trying to get some games but I don't want to buy the wrong ones. I plan on trying to get a Lynx 2.

I prefer the Lynx II over the original Lynx. It's a bit smaller, looks nicer (in my opinion), and the carts are a bit easier to remove. The battery life was also slightly improved on the Lynx II, and of course having the stereo headphone jack is nice. :) I also really like the rubber grips on the bottom of the Lynx II.

..Al

I would definitely recommend getting a Lynx, preferably version 2. I have had alot of systems and the Lynx is the only one I dont regret putting the money down for. You can look at it this way, when your next gen system is collecting dust because the company is no longer making games for it. The Lynx developer community will still be pumping out games. Most of which look and play better than most of the original ones. You should check out the games Battlewheels and Alpine Games; as well as all the titles from http://www.songbird-productions.com

No. You have too many games and systems. You should save your money for things like food and rent. Seriously, you are asking Lynx FANATICS if you should get a Lynx. I think the response you get on this forum is that for the sake of all that is good in the gaming community and your mortal soul you should get a Lynx and then get every game and prototype on the planet including Kung Food, Pit-Fighter, Super Off Road and Turbo Sub! Those games are all that and a bag of chips hum-daddy!

I think it's a fair system. While I love my Vectrex I wouldn't recommend it for everyone...you have to really like video game curiosities to invest in a system that takes up a lot of real estate in your house and really only has a few games that I genuinely return to regularly.

On the other hand, the Lynx has a great library, most of which is available inexpensively, and still has some attributes that gives it a leg up over the Gameboy SP, most noteably that it's large enough for adult hands to use comfortably. A fantastic library of classic games as well as a few really good original games makes it entirely worthwhile, even for people for whom video game collecting is not a sickness.

Eric

thanks for the replies. I am now going to look for a system. another thing, what are some good sites to get games?

Like MMF said, you can get some really cheap games here, or you can look on eBay for the others. Here's a list of games I'd recommend...

Electrocop

Zarlor Mercerany

Block Out (Damn, this game is addictive!)

Blue Lightning

California Games

Xenophobe

Klax

RoadBlasters

Rygar

Scrapyard Dog

Warbirds