IGNORED

I just got a LYNX !

Draikar

Was there a lot of games for this system ?

Adrian M, I seen some with the all black D-pad and there were some I think that were all gray too.

Quite a few games, in fact. You can get a list of them right here at Atariage by clicking on the "Lynx" section and digging around a bit. You'll find a number of helpful reviews, too.

Congrats!

If you get a chance (if you don't have many games yet), check out some of the multi-game Ebay lots. You can get a dozen games for around $15-$20 at some of those auctions, and a lot of them are good (Chips Challenge, Xybots, Crystal Mines, Gates of Zendocon, Rampart, etc.).

It's a good way to get your game collection off to a nice start if it isn't already.

Careful with that Lynx 1 bud. The paint rubs off on those suckers. Lynx 2 does not have that problem. With that being said, the great thing about the Lynx is that some of the best games can be had for cheap. Klax, Shanghai, Xybots, Rampart, Pinball Jam can be had for less than $10 and some even less than 5. Its great to collect and play.

I will be gentle with it since it looks new (even smells new) ;)

Only games I have are Xybots and Crystal Mines II, they seem fun but I want more games for this system to see its full power of entertainment. Someone once said a system is only as good as the games you own.

The D-pad on your Lynx looks different.  I had one of these larger Lynx 1 units back in the day and I could swear that my D-Pad was all black.

WOW, good observation, I have a LYNX 1 now, and my D-pad is all black too. :?

Someone once said a system is only as good as the games you own.

Ain't that the truth, I hate it when people say a system sucks and they only have a few games and just managed to get some bad titles; people often give up on a system too soon, without exploring what's available and asking what games are good for it.

The titles you have now are both good games, but neither show anywhere near the full potential of the system, nor are they necessarily the funnest games, though that's a matter of opnion.

Welcome to the world of the lynx,it is a great system to collect for,and like it has been said it is not that expensive.look out for chequered flag,klax,shanghai and lemmings just to name a few.Good luck and have fun! :wink:

Only games I have are Xybots and Crystal Mines II, they seem fun but I want more games for this system to see its full power of entertainment. Someone once said a system is only as good as the games you own.

My recommendation for games are Battlewheels (on ebay for about $10.00) and the new release Alpine Games (if you happen to have the money for it).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I,ve seen 3 distinctly different lynx 1 models in my lynx gathering you are correct in your post about the buttons being black there is one with the buttons that are all grey coloured and the one with black joypad and grey buttons i,m not sure if there are internal differences as my 2 have the black buttons and joypad

Garth