IGNORED

Neo Geo Fans?

Tempest

I haven't played Sam Sho since 2.  After that they removed my favorite character Caffeine Nicotine.  Man I loved that little guy...

Tempest

You should give SSV a shot then. New kits cost about $99 and well worth it (I play mine regularly). If you liked Caffeine Nicotine and his quirky way of attacking by keeping the opponents off balance, I would suggest you learn Basara. While initially appearing weak and feeble, Basara has a load of depth in his moves and it takes some getting used to, but eventually you'll come to enjoy utilizing his various projectile attacks and rising uppercut moves to do major damage while keeping predictability low! Reminds me of Caffeine Nicotine in so many ways!

Basara can be really tricky to play against, since he can keep you away from him pretty well, and as long as you're away from him, he's got the advantage. Yunfei is another weird new character...he can fly around crouching tiger style, making him dangerous on the offensive and defensive fronts.

I suggest taking a look at www.fierceslash.com if you've got any interest in learning about Sam Sho 5, or really information on any SNK fighter. There's people there with experience in a number of them, including all 5 major installments of the SS series.

Basara can be really tricky to play against, since he can keep you away from him pretty well, and as long as you're away from him, he's got the advantage.

Precisely why I enjoy using him! He looks so feeble (well, he kind of is if you're on the receiving end of some semi-good combos), but his whole approach is based on rythym and keeping the opponents off balance and away with various projectiles while letting his spiked chain and ground uppercuts ebb away the enemies life meter little by little! Truly a fun guy to learn!

Yunfei is another weird new character...he can fly around crouching tiger style, making him dangerous on the offensive and defensive fronts.

I've been experimenting a bit with Yunfei. A friend of mine is able to get him to float for extended periods of time...I've heard that there's a bug in the game that allows infinite air floating for Yunfei, but I've yet to see it. He's got some good combo potential and can hold his own in close melee combat.

I suggest taking a look at www.fierceslash.com if you've got any interest in learning about Sam Sho 5, or really information on any SNK fighter. There's people there with experience in a number of them, including all 5 major installments of the SS series.

I'll check that site out.

The character that I've been working with quite a bit (to no success I might add) is the ultra-large Chinese ghost, Kusaragedo! IMHO, this is the coolest looking, most unique original character in the SS series since I can remember, and a hell of a lot better than Earthquake! Problem is, his moves are somewhat limited and I'm finding luck to be a major factor when using Kusaregedo. His SDM's are insanely difficult to pull off, some of which require near 360 degree joystick rotations, plus teh poor guy is so large that he's easy prey for quick and combo-heavy fighters.

The administrator of fierceslash is a Kuse user, probably one of the best in the world, so he's got alot of tips for using him. He's pretty limited, but he has some nasty stuff. One thing to remember is use the tongue (low C, if I recall). It's got good range and speed, and is key to doing much of anything with Kuse.