IGNORED

How many carts do you own?

weezle

Not sure,400,500,1000?who cares.For me,how many games i have is not important.What is important is i know i have all the games i want,except for the awesome homebrews sold here at AA,which i plan on getting soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I am quickly closing in on 200 2600 carts. I'm actually starting to get into the hacks/homebrews as well. I recently aquired(from people on here) a rarity 8(Crazy Climber) and rarity 9(Swordquest:Waterworld). Things I never thought I would have. Especially once I found out CC was an 8. I loved that game in the arcade, and didn't even know it existed for the 2600....until recently. I have a few buys pending....and then I have to stop for a while. It's getting out of hand. :roll:

I just started collecting recently, im up to 31 different 2600 games in about 3 weeks lol. My dad has 253 unique games and he started me off with a 4 switch and like 15 common games he had doubles of. My rarest is Pengo which is a rarity 6 according to AA. Atari is the only fun system to collect for i think because of the insane amount of games lol. :D

Edited by ydsavaged

• 1 year later...
Hmmm....looks like I have 107 unique 2600 games and 32 7800 games. Like me, they are all pretty much dirt common titles too, the highest being Quick Step! which is only a 5 on AA.

I have the Atarimax cart for the 5200 so I don't have many actual carts for that, maybe 8-9.

I also have a big box of 2600 extras (all super commons) that I got in an ebay deal that I've been grouping up and selling with systems when the mood hits me.

Normally wouldn't dig up an old thread, but I thought it worth mentioning that my 2600 collection has nearly doubled to 211 unique games over the past year. :cool:

As of 4/8

Atari 2600 - 563 Unique carts (Major label variations included. 564 when I get stacker)

(155 in boxes)

7800 - I'm missing 11

5200 - I'm missing 20

Baseball bats - 2 :cool:

What I didn't mention is how many ET's and pacmans I also had to buy in order to accumulate over 100 new games. :ponder:

I've owned less than ten ET carts over the years, and my collection has grown twice to over 250 carts. This time around, it's near 300.

What I didn't mention is how many ET's and pacmans I also had to buy in order to accumulate over 100 new games. :ponder:

I've owned less than ten ET carts over the years, and my collection has grown twice to over 250 carts. This time around, it's near 300.

I have only encountered one, and it does not have an end label :sad:

After my latest acquisitions today (the 'gems' being Crypts of Chaos' and 'Strategy X') my new count of unique titles stands at an even 230! Whoo hoo! 300, here I come (but probably not for quite some time.) ;)

A little over a year later, and I've "jumped" from 230 to 251 unique titles. At this rate, it's going to take me another 3-5 years to hit 300. :(

I've been collecting 2600 for a few years (this time around, anyway). I collect CIB only, and I only buy titles I really like.

Currently, I have 88 unique titles. Mostly Atari, followed by Activision, Imagic, and a smattering of other companies.

I don't think I've posted in this thread. I was recently looking at what I've sold from what I still need, with my 2600 collection from a couple years ago, and I was doing pretty well. :( I was 43 carts total away from a complete NTSC collection counting all variants, like Panda & Xonox etc. All but like 10 were boxed. I needed around 50-55 boxes and/or manuals...

Right now I'm around 350+ boxed 2600 games

I think I'm missing 4-5 boxed 5200 games

and I own 150+ boxed 8-bit games over 100 carts the rest are disk/tapes.

Posted by me about a year ago:

I have recently sold all my ntsc carts away and is left with 212 pal carts. I realized that i cant possibly own every cart ever made, so i nearowd it down to pal. What im looking for right now is carrere video carts for a reasonable price (found one so far :) )

Right now:

267 carts (PAL only). Found 2 more carrere carts, both of them for a reasonable price (6-8$).

I have been focusing mainly on making my imagic collection complete, and got 3 (i think) carts to go.

My most wanted cart is miner 2049er II, with is the only cart from tigervision im missing.