IGNORED

Finally...

About a year and a half ago there was an armed robbery at a Gamestop here in Jersey (Route 10 in Roxbury) The 2 Gamestop clerks were murdered, shot in the back of the head. They finally caught the guys about 2 months back and they pled guilty recently. Turns out the killers were 2 guys who delivered supplies to the mall. Apparantly the clerks knew these guys which is why they were killed. Hopefully these 2 scumbags will rot in prison for along time. I guess part of the plea bargain was no death penalty.

Both of the clerks were good kids who did not deserve to go that way.

There was a game store in a bad part of town that I used to go to, when I wanted to buy used Lynx and TurboGraphx games. The store got robbed all the time, though. Some guys would steal a car, run it through the front of the store to smash out the metal gate from the front of the store, and make off with as much as they could get away with before the cops showed up. The store's long gone now (along with it's other two locations), along with any respectable businesses in that area.

Zaxxon said:

I blame DOOM and GTA3 for their deaths. Why rob a Gamestop of all places?

Maybe not Doom GTA i can half understand but after all these are just games

Basically if you want to say that games did it you might as well blame violent

films too!

I dont think that is what started it but a very sad case indeed i feel not just

for the injured but for the injured's family and friends :_(

I blame lazy greedy fucks who refuse to work for money to buy games or trade their shit in. If you wanna blame GTA3 and Doom, get off your computer and go to church with all of the other people who like to place blame where it doesn't belong

what if you like to play violent games, go to church, and *somehow* magically manage not to "place blame where it doesn't belong"? I'm going to implode, aren't I? :ponder: :roll:

I personally like to believe that games have very little effect on how a person acts, but that's just my opinion.

As for the shootings, that's insane... shooting someone over $25,000 worth of games? What were they thinking? We're going to take this 25k, cross the border and live out the rest of our lives selling our big, beautiful stash of games? I'm always astonished at what people will do for money.

There was a game store in a bad part of town that I used to go to, when I wanted to buy used Lynx and TurboGraphx games. The store got robbed all the time, though. Some guys would steal a car, run it through the front of the store to smash out the metal gate from the front of the store, and make off with as much as they could get away with before the cops showed up. The store's long gone now (along with it's other two locations), along with any respectable businesses in that area.

LOL reminds me of a grocery store across the street from a church I went to. Sometimes after service or youth groups we would be hanging out near the front of the church and you could hear the alarms going off.

Of course the robbers would be long gone by the time the police came.

Weird. (only in that the place was frequently getting robbed).