IGNORED

Wednesday Quick Quiz: Who Am I?

davidcalgary29

The first person to answer the following politically-themed questions in this thread will win two mystery carts (a mystery to you, not to me) for an Atari system.

1. I was the first Canadian Prime Minister to die in a bathtub. Who am I?

2. I was also a Canadian Prime Minister; I was literally boiled alive in a bathtub after one of my attendants forgot to turn down the heat. I did not die while I was PM; I was defeated after one term in office. Who am I?

3. I had a special bathtub installed in the White House that could hold four men! Who am I?

4. I never married, but lived with my long-time companion, a Senator, who was known to various members of the press (and Congress) as "Aunt Nancy" or "Miss Fancy". I've been the only Bachelor President to date. Who am I?

I'll give it a shot:

1-John Thompson

2- RB Bennett (I saw a reference to him actually dying in a tub in England, but I'll try it anyway, as it was the only non-Thompson tub reference that I could find. FWIW, I have five other "one-termers" to try, if this one is wrong.)

3- Taft

4- Buchanan

-MS

• 5 weeks later...

The mystery carts remain a mystery. :wink:

Did you happen to bury them under your new tub?

P.M. sent about a month ago; let me know if you need the info again or if you were fully kidding (I enjoyed looking up the answers, so it's not a big loss).

-MS

The mystery carts remain a mystery. :wink:  

Did you happen to bury them under your new tub?

P.M. sent about a month ago; let me know if you need the info again or if you were fully kidding (I enjoyed looking up the answers, so it's not a big loss).

-MS

Those mystery carts have been sitting in an envelope on my desk for awhile; thanks for the reminder. I'll get off my butt this afternoon and mail them to you. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The goodies arrived yesterday: BASIC, Qix, and River Raid, all for the Atari 800 line! I've not yet found an 800 in the wild (only a recent 400, which I passed up), but this gives me more incentive to keep looking. In the meantime, they can keep my copy of Astro Grover company. :)

Thanks for the contest!

-MS