IGNORED

before I die...

Joey Kay

I agree with Drac! I know this probably has been discussed already but I'd like to know if anybody knows how far those games are/were along and if there are any prototypes out there?

I know Missing in Action is finished but what about the others? This topic has probably been beaten into the ground...

I agree with Drac! I know this probably has been discussed already but I'd like to know if anybody knows how far those games are/were along and if there are any prototypes out there?

I know Missing in Action is finished but what about the others? This topic has probably been beaten into the ground...

There are confirmed prototypes for:

Missing In Action

Plutos

Sirius

Electrocop was played back in 1990/1 timeframe so it may still be out there. There was an interview with the programmers of Gauntlet in ACE magazine but haven't heard of it ever being found. IIRC, Rescue On Fractalus was seen in 1984 but never again.

The others? Who knows?

There are confirmed prototypes for:

Missing In Action

I still think this might be the most ironic title for an unreleased prototype in history. The game is LITERALLY missing in action. :D

I still think this might be the most ironic title for an unreleased prototype in history.  The game is LITERALLY missing in action. :D

Naw - we know exactly who has it ... they just don't want to share!

Not really true... the problem is getting to work 100% on a circuit board structure aside from the actual proto board it currently sits on. Sean Kelly I believe stills wants to get this out for CGE some year, whenever it becomes possible!

Not really true... the problem is getting to work 100% on a circuit board structure aside from the actual proto board it currently sits on. Sean Kelly I believe stills wants to get this out for CGE some year, whenever it becomes possible

I get that part of it. But - do you see the ROM file here on AtariAge? Or - have they posted screen captures or level descriptions? Other info about the game?

Missing In Action surfaced over two years ago and these things are still "under wraps".

Unbelieveable this stuff can still be out there!!  :lust:  8)  

Was this stuff all produced in house by Atari? I know closer to the end Tengen was getting hooked up with Atari during the Lynx days and later 7800 days (hence "Klax") so could there be any more from Tengen out there?

I think (with the 7800, Lynx and Jaguar) very little was actually produced in-house at Atari. Tramiels typically contracted games out to the programmers who took the least amount of money.

• 2 weeks later...