IGNORED

Venture 2 for 2600 -PULLED- from CGE distribution

Snider-man

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Actually I just talked to Marc about his prototype collection and I must say that I'm jealous.

Oh yeah! He certainly has one of the best, if not *the* best prototype collections in the world. We should all be jealous of it... And still he is one of the nicest guys you'll come across in this hobby

Cheers,

Marco

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Actually I just talked to Marc about his prototype collection and I must say that I'm jealous.

That's probably why he's going to be on TV twice this week again showing his collection, while you are not.

OK, it's only a short scene and he is only talking about his arcade games, but it's still fun to watch, if you haven't seen it already.

Tonight at 21.00 cet and saturday at 14.00 cet 3SAT is going to rerun the "Generation PONG - a short history of computer gaming" episode of their computer show "NEUES ... Spezial". I think 3SAT is only in the cable of Austria, Germany and Switzerland, but the rest of Europe might be able to pick it up on Satelite.

I thought I'd mention this, just in case anyone missed the show the other five or so times it was on already.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

My plan is to lure Marc into a back room at the convention, steal his prototypes, and live on lam as the Theif of Prototypes. I could steal prototypes from the rich and keep them for myself...

Actually I'm glad I'm not on TV, I tend to get that deer caught in the headlights look when there's a camera on me.

Any chance someone can make a internet clip of that interview? Some of us don't get European cable (for good reasons).

Tempest

Sorry, but I don't have the nessessary equipment to create internet video streams. 3sat used to have the whole show as real video on their Neues homepage, but I'm not sure if it still is up.

BTW, in case you don't get 3sat, but you can get ZDF, the "Generation PONG" show will be shown there tonight at 2.00 cet too.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

quote:

Originally posted by Rhindle The Red:

[QB]I think the people who want one of the 20 copies want them because they come from the guy who created it. In their minds a copy from Hozer is no more real than a copy of Chase the Chuckwagon from Hozer. The only real copy is the one that came from the creator and that's why they want it.QB]

That's why I think Hozer should think of ways to offer deluxe packaging for certain titles. Color printing is very expensive. Making boxes out of inkjet printouts is a disaster, regardless of good intentions (i.e. the EBVision carts). The sooner someone finds out a way to do high quality low cost 2600 boxes the better.

In the meantime, though, the hobby Vectrex idea of using plastic videotape/NES boxes with sleeve inserts is maybe a good compromise, and certainly more durable than a more "authentic" box.

Hozer probably doesn't have the resources to make fancy boxes or labels or anything, the company is really just Randy Crichfield who assmbles the Atari carts while watching TV and stuff. I'm sure if someone wanted to go into "Cahoots" with Randy something someone else could make cool labels and stuff.

Some of the developers do send Randy real labels and stuff. The Pesco label is fantastic.