IGNORED

Burning Xbox Games

Rocko

WOW!! Both the exploits seem hard. Modding is scary, I would have a cow if my xbox stopped working!

Lol... it's not as hard as it looks. There are at least three save game exploits that do practically all the work for ya.

What are they?

I am going to use the exploits! I found out that there is a rick dangerous game and I have to try it.

WOW!! Both the exploits seem hard. Modding is scary, I would have a cow if my xbox stopped working!

Lol... it's not as hard as it looks. There are at least three save game exploits that do practically all the work for ya.

What are they?

I am going to use the exploits! I found out that there is a rick dangerous game and I have to try it.

Audio and Font, with the audio exploit, you can't copy music to the MS Dash, you have to use EvoX's one. I think it's the same for font -- bert and ernie. I have yet to try the audio or the font one. You have to use Mechassalt or Agent Under Fire, AND have someone else with a modded Xbox *cough*starscream*cough* transfer the save to a memory card.

Audio one

Full menu of exploits on Xbox-Scene.com

Some of the documentation is _very_ confusing. Someone might be able to explain *cough*starscream*cough! :D

What are they?

Audio and Font, with the audio exploit, you can't copy music to the MS Dash, you have to use EvoX's one. I think it's the same for font -- bert and ernie. I have yet to try the audio or the font one. You have to use Mechassalt or Agent Under Fire, AND have someone else with a modded Xbox *cough*starscream*cough* transfer the save to a memory card.

Audio one

Full menu of exploits on Xbox-Scene.com

Some of the documentation is _very_ confusing. Someone might be able to explain *cough*starscream*cough! :D

Actually, I do not need someone with a modded Xbox. Here is a tutorial that I think I can use:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/all-inc...dio-exploit.php

I got kinda confused, but I do not think I need a modded box to do it.

Cant I just send the file through my router to my box?

I PMd starscream about modding my xbox, and he told me about his fees and stuff. I am going to ask him more questions when they arise.

One last question, I am doing the audio exploit, will it or can it harm my xbox in any way?

Ok, that one there requires you to have a XBox Action Replay. Do you have one?

Nope, but I can get one.

Cant I send the file through my router?

So, how many commercial games can the stock HD hold?

And can and will this do ANY harm to my XBOX?

I am re asking because you seem to know alot about this.

Truth be told, I have never done a soft mod or had anyone want one done. Looks easy enough but to many hassles. With a chip you don't have to worry about kernel version at all, and much easier for Live. The versatility of a chip is worth the money they cost hands down. And if you want a bigger HD, ya gotta open up the case anyways so why not just chip it? Another good thing about chips and a larger HD together is the ability to never use the DVD rom or ever need to leave the couch to do anything.

Nope, but I can get one.

Great...

Depends, maybe 1 or 2, some games won't work

I don't think so, the only downside to audio exploit is the not being able to copy to MS Dash anymore, I don't know what the font exploit does

I really don't know much, I'm just repeating what I read. Ask starscream for goodness sakes!

Nope, but I can get one.

Great...

Depends, maybe 1 or 2, some games won't work

I don't think so, the only downside to audio exploit is the not being able to copy to MS Dash anymore, I don't know what the font exploit does

I really don't know much, I'm just repeating what I read. Ask starscream for goodness sakes!

How much will a bigger hd cost me? Will any harddrive work?

Can I burn my roms to CDs, so that the emus can use them?

When I said three game save exploits I meant ones that you can load using one of three games. Those games being 007 agent under fire, mech assault, and splinter cell.

If I were you, what I'd do is get your hands on a retail copy of mech assault. It's worth having it available to you at all times in case there is a problem. I prefer mech because you can get to the exploit alot faster. Just make sure it is an older version of MA.

Get...

Mordens audio hack v3 or v4. v3 uses evox as dash, v4 uses mxm as dash. Personally I prefer evox.

Catfish's exploit installer.

The reason I suggest these two is they both take up different slots in the mechassault save area. So if you foobar one while making "tweaks" you have the other one as a backup.

Do NOT use the catfish for anything but ftp access!! It will not work because some files are missing from the package that you have to provide yourself first.

The idea here is to test these things and see if they will load properly so you can ftp into your xbox.

If your familiar with ip addresses, etc you want to edit the evox.ini files that come with these save games before running them on your xbox so you can ftp into it.

Anyways that is how I would start. Make sure these things will load, ftp into your box, and backup your xbox c drive. Evox has an option to save your eeprom and hard-drive password. Use that and backup those to your pc as well.

Fourt biggest things are

1. Getting the save game exploits onto your memcard

2. Getting the save game exploits from that to xbox hard drive (use xbox dash)

2. FTP'ing into your xbox. You need to be familar with ip addresses, etc.

3. Backing up key files (and hard-drive key, etc) on your xbox.

After that it is a question of whether you dash needs to upgraded or downgraded. If it needs to be upgraded it's a piece of cake (mech assault will do that for ya). Yer dash needs to be 4920. This can be checked in the version screen on the ms xbox dash.

Downgrading the dash is a little harder. You can use the catfish exploit installer to downgrade. Luckily the dash files (.xip) that catfish needs are sitting on your xbox c drive. You just need to copy them to where the requirements.txt file says to put them. The rest you can copy over from the morden mechinstall hack.

Once you've done this, then use the morten installer to install the audio hack. Load an audio CD, reboot, and try it out.

Don't install the fonts cause if you foobar anything it will be hard to recover.

Can I  burn my roms to CDs, so that the emus can use them?

Yes... nport emu's can read regular CD's so you just pop in the cd and point it to the dvd drive.

All other emu's need the roms on XISO format CD.

Some emu's also require you to edit an .ini file to point to the CD drive.

Editing an .ini is easy, you just FTP into your xbox, download it, edit it, send it back. Try running the emu. Repeat and rinse if necessary.

If I were you, what I'd do is get your hands on a retail copy of mech assault.  It's worth having it available to you at all times in case there is a problem.  I prefer mech because you can get to the exploit alot faster.  Just make sure it is an older version of MA.

Will an old version of Splinter Cell work? How do I know that it is old?

I was using the tutorial, and I cant get the save. Can someone pm me a hacked Splinter Cell save?

Try this place... http://www.xbox-tribe.com/

Look under downloads/exploits.

BTW if you do splinter cell be careful cause you wont have any alternate save exploit to use if you run into problems. That is why I recommended mech assault.

You have to be able to copy from the mem card to the xbox. If your dash gets hosed, you will not be able to do this and are screwed, unless you feel like opening your xbox.

I was using the tutorial, and I cant get the save. Can someone pm me a hacked Splinter Cell save?

Try this place... http://www.xbox-tribe.com/

Look under downloads/exploits.

BTW if you do splinter cell be careful cause you wont have any alternate save exploit to use if you run into problems. That is why I recommended mech assault.

You have to be able to copy from the mem card to the xbox. If your dash gets hosed, you will not be able to do this and are screwed, unless you feel like opening your xbox.

Oh. Damn! now I need Mech Assault, and I really dont like that game, maybe I can borrow it from a friend.....

Can I just use a MA Demo?

Bite the bullet man, MA should be $20 or less anyways.

:D

In the meantime you could always play around with the splinter cell exploit. Just dont install fonts and be careful about removing any files (especially on the c drive).

You should be safe.

;)

Microsoft is giving these USB cables away! * I went to EB today, but the guys were confused, so one piped up and said, "You might want to look online for that," so I left and searched a bit, and I found Microsoft's PSO Ep. I & II Keyboard Adapter page, so I am going to order one. The cables are "free", but there's a catch -- *6.98 shipping! :D