IGNORED

Just scored a Burgertime

Cassidy Nolen

Very happy to have one for our collection. Sold my Deco one to Tempest, and then decided we REALLY like the game. Got a strange email out of the blue from another collector friend of mine, and he had one for sale (Midway version). New CPO, Marquee, t-molding (included but not installed), WG4900 with new cap kit, and new buttons and centering grommet.

I have to fix the coin door lights (they run through the power supply, wierd) and I ran out of t-molding after one side! Also have to figure out if its normal that the background music is MUCH quieter than the other sounds (almost faint, and if you turn the volume up to hear it, then the action sounds are very loud). I think it runs 2 sound processors, so maybe one is bad or going out.

Pics to come...

Cassidy

Very happy to have one for our collection. Sold my Deco one to Tempest, and then decided we REALLY like the game.

Glad you got another one. I felt bad after I realized you guys liked the game so much. Still, it would be a shame to have a DECO machine and only play Burgertime on it. :)

de! Also have to figure out if its normal that the background music is MUCH quieter than the other sounds (almost faint, and if you turn the volume up to hear it, then the action sounds are very loud). I think it runs 2 sound processors, so maybe one is bad or going out.

I don't know. I have just the opposite problem: The music is fine, but the sounds are really loud. I assumed that's just the way it was.

Tempest

So you guys think the sound thing is normal, eh?

I will try swapping the processors just to see if it does anything. If not, I will just go with an in-between sound level :)

Tempest, that DECO was a perfect fit for you. I know you have 'gone to school' on it, and that is true; a DECO with a dedicated game seems silly. I would not have ever swapped it around.

Ordered some more t-molding on ebay, we shall see. Its been a while since there was a new piece in my basement.

Cassidy

So you guys think the sound thing is normal, eh?

I will try swapping the processors just to see if it does anything.  If not, I will just go with an in-between sound level :)

Tempest, that DECO was a perfect fit for you.  I know you have 'gone to school' on it, and that is true; a DECO with a dedicated game seems silly.  I would not have ever swapped it around.  

Ordered some more t-molding on ebay, we shall see.  Its been a while since there was a new piece in my basement.

Cassidy

Yes, Burgertime has notoriously quiet background music. The home versions, for the most part, actually carried this over. You can always fire it up in MAME and check it out. I've used MAME to discover problems in other games before.

Wanna sell that Pacman?! LOL

I had a local guy offer me an original Pacman that had multi pac in it or something. He quoted $600 so I jumped at it. I said hell yes! but then the guy never emailed me back. My guess is the guy never had it in the first place. :x

One of these days... I will have a Pacman. one of these days....

Unless of course the tabletop Mame I'm designing will suffice my hunger!

I've decided on doing a Galaga/Pacman game. (kinda like the Ms. Pacman/Galaga reunion machines... I just have to switch everything over to Pacman instead of Mrs. Pacman.)

Should be fun. But my Tempest cab will be worked on first!

Question.... do you have any problems with your Tempest cab? Mine is a gutted cab.... so it will be tastefully MAME'd. The only good thing about my cab is that the sides are in perfect condition

Eric DeLee

Wanna sell that Pacman?!

Nah, thats a keeper. That was the first game at auction a few years back. The crowd was skiddish, and it was flawless. I bid the only bid of 350 for it (assuming it was a bootleg, I could resell it at that rate) and I won. Paint, glass, overlays, etc are all original and truly amazing. 'Almost' had to sell it, but now that one should be around a while.

Tempest troubles...hm. Well, when I got it the power supply board had a blown resistor, and I cleaned the edge connectors, reflowed the solder to the interconnect cable pins and that solved the blowing resistor. It already had the LV2000 kit installed on the monitor. Other than that, been ok (reads as lucky) so far.

The marquees do light up (dont light up very much though, but makes for a cool glow over the games). I used my table saw to cut poplar boxes for them, and used christmas lights to light them up :)

Cassidy

• 2 weeks later...
Wanna sell that Pacman?!

Nah, thats a keeper. That was the first game at auction a few years back.

I just went to my first auction on Saturday, and picked up my first arcade machine- you guessed it- Pac-Man! (actually Pac-man Plus). Nice cabinet good monitor, and I got it for around $350, too!