IGNORED

Namco Museum's Pac-Mac emulation - ghosts too fast?

Starman

Hi all,

I picked up the Namco Museum for the Xbox. The ghosts in Pac-Mac seem to move a little too fast. There's a pattern that I've been using for God knows how long which always worked. However, with this, the ghosts run a little faster than usual, so my pattern doesn't work since Inky gets ahead of me at a point when he's supposed to be behind. Anyone have this? I'd like to know if there really is an emulation bug.

Mike

Yeah most people when talking about patterns, by default are talking about the original Namco/Midway version of Pacman. The one that got famous, the one that all the books were written about, etc. Later on they did have some revisions (usually known as the "fast" version) but patterns were created for that as well. But yeah for Pacman, when talking about patterns.. it's the original released version of Pacman.

On that note... on Namco musuem, forget about using the original arcade patterns :P They won't work. I actually don't even think their ghost patterns are faithful to ANY released arcade Pacman version. But then again I may be mistaken.

I gave up on finding any commercially released Pacman that is faithful to the general patterns. Stick to emulation and Mame if you want that. Play puckman.zip :P