IGNORED

3D Models of Atari Hardware

Mindfield

...anyone know where some can be found? Any old hardware is cool, but a VCS is what I'm looking for right now. Pretty well any format is acceptable (LightWave, Max, 3DS, Maya, etc.) No SHP files though; I don't have anything that even knows what those are...

This is probably a long shot but what the heck. I've already scanned my usual model-site haunts, but the closest thing I could find was a detailed 3D model replica of an Amiga... :-/

Not sure this will help.

But I have a buddy of mine (Trek fan) who renders quite a bit in Light Wave all the time. He has agreed to do a model of my Sears heavy sixer if I bring it to the office sometime. Basically he was gonna make drawings..and take the measure dimensions and create a model rendered. I am sure he would be happy to provide the model file once he is done.

I dont know a lot about Atari Consoles, but I´ve done some Rendering for a friend of mine with an Atari box thing. Its not the best Quality but probably it will help. Its made with Cinema 4d XL Version 7

If interested I´ll try to post some pictures and you couls also get this model for free.

Robert

My buddy has said it wouldn't take him anytime at all to render one of these in Lightwave. He just wants me to notify him when I am gonna bring it in so he can bring his camera and take the pictures from the angels that he wants. Then he said it would take him less than a day to render one in lightwave. Most of it would be easy enough since something like the switches would only be done once and then copied over so making a 6 switch or 4 switch unit wouldn't be a big deal at all.

He also said that he will give me the mesh to provide to you guys to do with it as you please.

I think that should work for you...right?

Oh, it would most definitely work for me, yes. The format mostly doesn't matter; he can just provide the original LW/LWO file (with texture files, if applicable -- and he'll need at least one if he wants to get the simulated woodgrain just right, although I've got numerous shaders that can do more or less the same thing if it came to that) I can convert from there to any number of formats if anyone needs it in a different one.

Can he do a joystick, too? Can't have a VCS without _some_ kind of controller, after all. :-) (And the only model of one I ever found was a Wico-lookalike)

Mokeman: That would be rather intersting, sure. I can import C4D files and export them to something I can use in Lightwave or RDS/Carrara. (At least I hope I can; 3D Exploration is kinda buggy with some model formats, especially 3DS Max files)