IGNORED

NES Light Blinking...

Sockdude

I've been having a problem with my NES. I found an AC Adaptor to plug it in, I'm pretty everything inside of it is fine, but when I turn it on, the Power light starts blinking. I do not have an AV Cable with R and Y on both sides, so I don't know what's going on. I just was wondering if this has happened to anybody, and what I should do about it if it is a problem.

EDIT: I have a cartridge loaded into it, too. (I thought that was the problem)

Sounds like your NES has the common problem of a faulty cart connector. Here's a page that explains how to replace it, it's a lot easier than it looks. You can buy new 72-pin connectors on eBay or through MCM electronics for $6-8, don't pay too much more than that.

http://w3ace.com/image/tid/11

this article is also informative, I found like 10 sites with these instructions in less than a minute of searching:

http://www.snackbar-games.com/features/40

before you replace the connector, take it out and clean it well woth a toothbrush and alchohol and if teh pins seem to have gotten too flat you can even bend them back up a little with a small pick or screwdriver. I was on teh verge of buying a new connector myself but a little cleaning got it working again.