IGNORED

Favorite item in your collection?

Ze_ro

I was wonderng who owned that. Is your prototype any more complete than the rom floating around out there?

Personally I'd rather own the 5200 version, the 2600 just looks nasty. What was Atari thinking?

Tempest (hehe)

I've had the great fortune to live in two of the gawd-awful driest places for collecting: Boston and Sacramento. But I do have a couple of gems...

An Imagic display center. It one of those kiosks that holds a 2600 and 24 cartridges. There are 3 buttons that allow you to select a game. The cool thing is that it still has the original keys. It's not in the best shape, maybe a 7 or 8, so I don't use it. But I always wanted one of these as a kid.

My 2600 jr with s-video/stereo outputs. Granted, this is not original. I modified it myself. But it's cool and I can never think of going back to RF. Or even composite.

And along with that, goes my custom touch pad controller. Bye-bye Sega-thumb!!!

And I have shink-wrapped copies of the Berenstein Bears and 5200 Meteorites.

But I guess the items that I'm proudest about are the "Kabobber Twins"...my pair of Kabobber lab protos. Maybe because I'm the one who first (re)discovered the game, back in...1996? Maybe 1997. Or maybe because there are only 3 surviving copies of this unreleased game to my knowledge, and I have 2 of them!

-Chris

• 2 years later...

While I have a bunch of games that I got cheap (Quadrun, Glib, Z-Tack, boxed Mines of Minos, Waterworld, Guardian, Stronghold, etc.), my favorite item has to be the set of snapshots I found one day--they were taken by an adoring parent of a kid who was in the Swordquest: Fireworld championships. I've told the story a few times and you can find them online if you search the 2600 Connection website, too. They were a great find. :)

I would have to say that my favorite item is my 5200 system, mainly because its the first system I ever had, and its been kept in great condition even though it has been used ALOT. I've got alot of great memories with that machine... :)

Then I have a colecovision system that has been used somewhat, but the box is still intact with all of the original packaging and manuals.

I would have to say my boyhood 2600 Woody. My folks split when I was little, and this was the one I had at Mom's (had a Vader at Dad's; still have it too, and I hardly ever played it). The Woody was the first one I ever owned. I can still remember seeing Freeway on it Christmas morning of 82.

It sits in my office, not in the gameroom. I still have the Vid-Tari (or vid-trai, I never did know which it was!) on top holding some games. Valuable in memories, not money.

Cassidy

I've got two items in my collection I adore -- my Sears Video Arcade II (which cost me a whopping $25) and my top-loader NES (another $25 or thereabouts for the system, a stack of games and the dog bone controllers).

I know the Sears unit isn't terribly rare, but I love the controllers on it and it's kind of an attention-getter.

Hello,

My favorite thing is kind of cheesy. I have a severely modded Tandy Controller and a Keypad off of a 5200 worked together to double as a master arcade stick and a Star Raiders, along with reset buttons and power switches made in so that I can sit and play without getting up. I own nothing that is still in the case or sealed. I have about 30 manuals but none of them are rare. I did have a Beagle Brothers cart long ago with a hoard of M-Network Carts, but that was 1985 or so and my house's basement has flooded since then, I really don't consider anything in my old collection to be great, mostly because I had only a cheap light sixer and about 7 games (BB's though) and I am afraid to see the condition of any of it. I really try to pretend it ain't there so I can collect and not worry about the state of that stuff. All in all my favorite item has to be the Tandy Super Controller Deluxe (that’s what I wrote on it after to was completed.) Another reason I like it is because it was made by me and I feel kinds of proud.

Thanks,

James

quote:

dunno why it didn't work !?!?

here is the link again.

jahfish: Oh, my lord.  I just looked at the picture you posted of the...multicart? (Someone please correct my lingo if I'm totally off.)  That's incredible!

Why are the quotes screwed up?

quote:

here is the link again.

jahfish: Oh, my lord.  I just looked at the picture you posted of the...multicart? (Someone please correct my lingo if I'm totally off.)  That's incredible!

This thread is 3 years old, that's why. :D

quote:

here is the link again.

This thread is 3 years old, that's why. :D

Oh... I didnt look at the date.