IGNORED

Favorite item in your collection?

Ze_ro

my favorite gaming possesion is my 1st generation sega genesis. i have plenty of atari stuff but this genesis is special because it was the first thing i bought with my own money from my first job when i was 14 . and i mean first thing i bougth . i cashed my first check and went straigth to the fleamarket to buy it, i paid $100 for it and got sonic the hedgehog and m1 abrams wich is still have . this was back in 1991 and the genesis new was still $200 new

I have recently been bit by the "retro" bug and am getting back into ATARI 2600 to relive my childhood. With that said, I have purchased several "common" favorites (asteroids, defender, etc.) and a Mint in Box Atari 2600 console. As a child, I remember Christmas 1980 and opening up my last gift (usually the "Big One") and that Atari 2600 box was forever burned in my memory! Right now I would have to say that would be my favourite item. But because I found the Atari Age website, I have found it very interesting that people are still programming for the 2600!! I recently purchased both Thrust Platinum Edition and Asteroids DC+ and am highly impressed. Asteroids DC+ (programmed by Thomas Jentzsch)is what Asteroids should have been in the first place.....I give this an A+ on graphics and overall improvement. Thrust Platinum Edition (also programmed by Thomas Jentzsch) is done brilliantly!!......It captures the essence of the 2600 with great gameplay and an element of the unknown. I am currently reaching level 5 out of 20 and am looking forward to more levels. This has got to be in the top 10 Atari 2600 games of all time....hands down. Hats off to programmers like Thomas who help keep the ATARI 2600 alive and well!!....Nice job

:D

Non Atari items ?

My stand up arcade Galaga, my Vectrex and my Nintendo Virtual Boy

(in that order :) )

Atari 2600:

Wall Ball, because it's my rarest game.

Atari 5200:

My Trak ball because Missile Command and Cetipede with

the 5200 and the Trak Ball are just like playing in the arcade.

Atari 7800:

The whole thing because I got it at a tag sale

with 30 7800 carts for $30 and the games were

all mint. A happy collecting moment.