IGNORED

My custom SNES cases

that looks like a good idea,i never did like those flimsy cardboard cases,what are those cases called on that site and how much are they?

Universal "Combo" Game Cases.For a case of 100, they are $42 before shipping costs(if you get them ,make sure you get the full sleeve versions :) )

That's cool you have enough of the original game boxes to do that. I have those same style cases as you do but I only printed black and white titles to slip along the spine for quick picking.

If you want to prevent your SNES carts from rattling around in there stick your carts in archival comic bags and wrap them over before tucking them in the clamshell.

post-2070-1082648654_thumb.jpg

That's cool you have enough of the original game boxes to do that. I have those same style cases as you do but I only printed black and white titles to slip along the spine for quick picking.

If you want to prevent your SNES carts from rattling around in there stick your carts in archival comic bags and wrap them over before tucking them in the clamshell.

Once I put the instructions and warrenty booklets in there ,I dont really have much of a problem with the rattling.I have soo many more loose carts I want to get boxes /instructions for so I can put them up for display.

thats sorta a collecting conumdrum, you want to preserve the boxes but the preservation technique destroys their original form...box collecting is still odd to me, for years i didnt care but now i've started to box everything. for me it was a case of having som much stuff i couldnt make many finds, then i was like "ahh boxes, a new hunt".

all and all i find that if you stand the N64 boxes up like books they keep pretty well.

You should have done that with scans of the boxart.  I don't agree at all with destroying original boxes in this way when the same thing could have been done with an inkjet printer and a scanner.

ok fair enough ,but wheres a template that I could print it out to the correct size(kinda like the Neato sofware that is bundled with it CD/DVD label kits)?

ok fair enough ,but wheres a template that I could print it out to the correct size(kinda like the Neato sofware that is bundled with it CD/DVD label kits)?

Erm, I don't get it. All you do is scan the image, resize it to the dimensions of either the original box or the plastic case you're putting it in, and print. Why would you need a template? Using scans/printouts would probably work better for preserving the art since you could size it to the exact dimensions of the case, ensuring that you got the entire boxart rather than just what would fit in the case. You could also clean up imperfections that the boxes had before printing the images out. What you've ended up with here is a lot of cutout destroyed partial boxarts.

Universal "Combo" Game Cases.For a case of 100, they are $42 before shipping costs(if you get them ,make sure you get the full sleeve versions :) )

What's the difference between the sleeve and sleeve-less versions? Is it the sleeve lets you store the game manual outside of the box?

It has the sleeve to allow you to keep an insert on the outside.

Hmm.. Super Bonk! :)

I don't think I would have cut up all my boxes, but they look cool in cases like that. I think from now on I'd find artwork online or scan in, then adjust and print out.

You can always sell off the original boxes if you didn't wont to keep them. Just a thought. Looks neat thou!

What's the difference between the sleeve and sleeve-less versions? Is it the sleeve lets you store the game manual outside of the box?

yes,or you can slide game art into it....the outer plastic :)

post-4102-1082653572_thumb.jpg

post-4102-1082653573_thumb.jpg

post-4102-1082653574_thumb.jpg

Hmm.. Super Bonk!  :)

:)

Breakpack, next time try to exclude pictures showing bottles of lotion on the floor. kkthanks :D

Anyhoo.. they're his boxes, his to do with as he pleases. Just makes the rest of the boxes left in the world worth that much more cents. ;)

I don't bother collecting boxes but won't destroy them either, they're good trade bait.

Hmm.. Super Bonk!  :)

:)

Breakpack, next time try to exclude pictures showing bottles of lotion on the floor. kkthanks :D

Anyhoo.. they're his boxes, his to do with as he pleases. Just makes the rest of the boxes left in the world worth that much more cents. ;)

I don't bother collecting boxes but won't destroy them either, they're good trade bait.

yeah there's more boxes in the world,but Im not against finding scans already out there and printing out the artwork for the games that I have loose(including side scans).Anyone know any good links??

Oh and that wasn't lotion,it's squeeze mayonnaise :ponder:

Breakpack, next time try to exclude pictures showing bottles of lotion on the floor. kkthanks  :D

maybe it has something to do with...

..other unsightly fluids.....

:P

But I tend to agree it's his boxes, he can cut up or set them on fire, so long as it's SNES/N64 boxes I don't much either way, now had it been 5200 boxes, :mad:

Trying to preserve the box art of my SNES/N64 games and to make them look a bit more like the Genesis rival packaging,I custom made my SNES collection.I got the cases from http://www.mediacases.com/index2.htm

Tell me what you all think  :D  8)

That's pretty awesome! If I'd kept any of my boxes, I'd consider doing the same thing. It makes those old useless boxes a more functional. :)

I've never understood hanging on to the boxes for everything--I saved all my action figure boxes because that's what I stored the figures in, but beyond that, I've never felt the need to keep boxes just to have the boxes. Stan has a whole closet full of boxes. It drives me nuts. I guess I can understand collecting boxes of much older games, but if you're not going to keep boxes out to appreciate them (and I'd rather appreciate what was IN them) why keep them at all?

Good work Breakpack, now you have a convenient way to keep your boxes and games together, but still easy to open. :)

Breakpack, next time try to exclude pictures showing bottles of lotion on the floor. kkthanks  :D

maybe it has something to do with...

..other unsightly fluids.....

Well, I didn't see any sleepingbags in the background so I suppose that somewhat reduces the risk of fluid stains.

And on topic, if it were me, I'd go the scanning route as well. Your collection does look nice though. :thumbsup:

Trying to preserve the box art of my SNES/N64 games and to make them look a bit more like the Genesis rival packaging,I custom made my SNES collection.I got the cases from http://www.mediacases.com/index2.htm

Tell me what you all think  :D  8)

That's pretty awesome! If I'd kept any of my boxes, I'd consider doing the same thing. It makes those old useless boxes a more functional. :)

I've never understood hanging on to the boxes for everything--I saved all my action figure boxes because that's what I stored the figures in, but beyond that, I've never felt the need to keep boxes just to have the boxes. Stan has a whole closet full of boxes. It drives me nuts. I guess I can understand collecting boxes of much older games, but if you're not going to keep boxes out to appreciate them (and I'd rather appreciate what was IN them) why keep them at all?

Good work Breakpack, now you have a convenient way to keep your boxes and games together, but still easy to open. :)

Thanks :D I wasnt using them because they were a bit more difficult gettin the games out,unlike the kool azz Sega cases.They went to good use IMHO.There are plenty more boxes out there.I mean ,I COULD complain about ppl modding the 2600s out there to composite because they are older or lose value,but there are so darn many still out there.Same with SNES /N64 stuff.But if I decide to get some 2600 /5200/7800 boxes,I dont think Ill set the scissors to them. :roll: