IGNORED

Marble Craze Madness

Chuck Gill

I was working on a new Marble Craze controller yesterday and had some trouble with my Marble Craze cart. On my heavy 6 switch system it resets back to the title screen at random times. On my 2600 Jr. the player screen goes to garbage and the ball gets stuck right where the first ramp is on level 1, or on the 3rd screen if you start on level 5. On my 7800 it seems to work fine.:? I was thinking an inadequate power supply problem on the 2600s but they both play the game perfectly using the Cuttle Cart. Other games seem to work fine too. A new power supply made no difference.

Anybody got an idea?

Thanks,

Chuck

Thanks guys, that must be it.  

@Paul,  

I don't mind paying postage and your costs, it did work before.

Here's what I was making. This one has an additonal button for Bumper Bash.

-Chuck

image016.jpg

WOW! That's much nicer than the one I made. Same basic configuration but I was too lazy to paint it, make a label, etc.

@ANTHONY ATARI

Thanks, the Trans Am picture came from EGM magazine awhile back.

@pmpddytim,

It's a scan of the instruction book cover. I cropped it to the part I wanted and sized it to fit the controller. It was printed on HP Glossy paper.

-Chuck

I think you have an early version (do you have a Hozervideo copy?)  Those first carts are kinda screwy and don't work on some systems.  I can send you a replacement.

-paul

Aw, man, another Hozer cart I'm gonna need to get repaired soon, huh?

I haven't had mine fail yet, but it's been a while since I played it. Is this offer good for all of us? :D

Thankfully, every cart I bought from Hozer has shown up in the AtariAge store except for four - and I now have the ROMs dumped of said four so I don't have to worry TOO much about losing them.

Still, it's a pain in the ass to pay for the same game twice.

Of course, I've got a few replacement boards I bought from Atariage, so if anyone has problems, I can replace the board.

They work on some Ataris and don't work on others.  And some of the Hozer MC carts are more finicky than others.

-paul

Cool. :thumbsup: Although I confess I truly suck at the game and have only cleared maze six like two or three times. :D

One more reason why Paul is a pinnacle of the Atari community. :D

• 2 months later...

How can you tell whether or not a cart is an early release? My copy does the same thing on my 7800; it only loads the title screen, and when I try to start the game, it either resets to the title scree, scrambles the screen and then goes blank, or just goes blank right away. I wasn't sure if the game was defective, or if it was just incompatible with my 7800.

If it has the Hozer Video logo on it, it's an early release. If you got it from Atariage it's not.

I've tested it on a couple of 7800s, but different 7800 models vary in how compatible they are with 2600 games. There's more about this in the 7800 FAQ:

http://www.atariage.com/7800/faq/index.htm...l?SystemID=7800

Do you have a 2600 you can test it on?

-paul