IGNORED

WIP Hacks Update please!

StanJr

If you or anyone you know has any information about the status of the following WIP hacks, please post that information here. If you are the hacker of one of these hacks and have a final BIN, please post it here.

Thanks!

Avalon --Channel 2

Indy Sprintmaster --Rob Mitchell

Balloon Fight --mojofltr

Dragster Autoshift --Atarius Maximus

I haven't spent any more time on the DragRace Auto-Shift hack mostly because I've been working on that create your own adventure thing, but I kind of hit a stalemate trying to figure out how to fix the graphic glitch. I may revisit this soon. For now, it's still a WIP.

I haven't spent any more time on the DragRace Auto-Shift hack mostly because I've been working on that create your own adventure thing, but I kind of hit a stalemate trying to figure out how to fix the graphic glitch.  I may revisit this soon.  For now, it's still a WIP.

A glitch in Adventure or Dragrace? Hove you checked to see if the data tables are crossing page boundries? (that will cause instructions that read them to take 1 cycle longer...possibly glitching the display if they precede horizontal positioning or no free time is left before the next scanline is due to start).

A glitch in Adventure or Dragrace?

I guess I could have been a little more clear. :) I was referring to the graphic glitch in the auto shift version of Drag Race.

Hove you checked to see if the data tables are crossing page boundries?

No, and to be honest, I'm not even sure exactly how to check that. I'll get back to trying to figure out that hack eventually, and when I do, I'll probably be asking you for help. ;)

The way that I do it is by scattering ORG statements throughout the assembly...so when compiling, Dasm tells me exactly how many bytes need to be removed from a page...

ORG $fd00

(bunch of data)

ORG $fe00

...etc.

Fortunately, Adventure has plenty of small data tables that you can freely shift around (some of them are used in routines that are not dependant on critical timing...so some of them can cross pages with no glitches). The bitmaps for the screens ARE...so you might want to look there first. Just rearrange them so that none of them cross page boundries by using ORG statements like the above...start at the end of the file, and work your way down.

But I haven't looked into Dragster, so I have no idea what is critical and what isn't. My first guess would be anything that is a bitmap. Try to move them around.