IGNORED

What "Anthologies" do you wanna' see?

Klove

Hey all.

Here's a question for you....

Besides the actual Atari (Hasbro / Infogrames) library. What Atari 2600 and 5200 cartridge collections would you wanna' see out there in the market?

Also.. "What would you want this anthology package to include? Just the games? or?"

This'll be my first CGE and I'm really looking forward to meeting all the "Old School" Players. I have a few meetings set-up with some.

I'm hoping that maybe we can exchange a few ideas, but.. at the same time, I'd really like to hear what the public wants to see as well.

"What would make you go out and buy such a project?"

I don't wanna; hear about the emulator either. "That's a given." ;-)

This is your chance to get your two cents in.

I hope to hear from you shortly.

Take it easy!

That sort of depends; is this only of Activision titles, or is this one of those fantasy, anything goes, wish-list kinda thing?

If it's the latter, well, let's see. I think I'd like to see an innovators compilation; a collection of games (repleat with historical notes, perhaps interviews or biographies on the authors, that sort of thing) that brought something fresh and new and never before seen on the console. For example, Tunnel Runner, one of my VCS faves, was the first and perhaps even the only 3D, first-person maze-type game I'd ever seen on the VCS. I hadn't seen the like before or since on that particular platform. That'd be a rather cool collection to put together, as it'd have plenty of unique titles you just don't see in the average compilation. Oh, and old commercials. *must* have old commercials -- radio, television, print ads... the works.

As for what else I'd like to see in such a package ... well, as I said, historical information would be great -- video clips would be cool. Maybe a bit of paraphenalia -- a nice Atari sticker, or a keychain or something, would be a nice addition. Something you can take with you, as it were. :-) Or maybe make replicas of the original manuals (depending, of course, on how many games are included in the package :-)

And personally, I'd rather like to see it packaged in an authentic-looking Atari box (or an authentic box in the style of one of the game companies represented in the collection -- say, Activision, for example :-)

Yeah, I'd buy that. I'm still gonna buy the Atari Anniversary Collection, even though I'm not really that impressed with what comes on it. In fact, I mainly want the Atari sticker. :-)

[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: Mindfield ]

Hi, I used to have the cart 32-1 and it was pretty cool, don't get me wrong, I have a bunch of carts, but I think that those carts are more confortable for daily playing. Almost all carts I had in my country, were

4-1.

About a cart like the one someone did with 160 games, but all Activision?

OsBo

Proto ROMs would be a great idea, yeah. I dunno about the idea of included hardware (carts) flying, if only due to the production costs involved versus the potential revenue generated from it. But the next best thing would be reasonable to me -- included ROMs with pictures and background information. That'd be cool.

quote:

Originally posted by san-d-2000:

How about a limited edition run for the die hard classic gamers, which includes a cartridge with an unreleased prototype game by Activision, only offered here at Atariage.com.

Hey San, how come you're so much into these limited releases now?

Cheers,

Marco