IGNORED

Alien Syndrome question

I recently got Alien Syndrome for the Sega Master System, and I must say I'm disappointed. First of all, there's no two player simultaneous gameplay, and the game doesn't scroll!

I can live with those, but I can't live with the fact that when I try to play it using my Power Base Converter, the character moves to the left automatically, even when I don't touch anything on the directional pad! Is this a glitch within my game or has this been known to occur with Alien Syndrome and/or Power Base Converters?

Yes, Alien Sydrome was a HUGE disappointment on the SMS. But then, many of the arcade to home conversions on the SMS were pretty bad and radically different no less. Shinobi, After Burner, Alien Syndrome, and even Golden Axe played NOTHING like the source material they were based on. Games like Rampage and Double Dragon, while still kind of "off" fared much better.

AS is a tough bastard of a game as well. The SMS controller is pretty shoddy and some of the later levels (and boss battles.. :x ) can become overly frustrating affairs. It's too bad really, but that was the unfortunate reality of the 8-bit systems. My brother and I were most disappointed, particularly him since the SMS was his.

Yes, Alien Sydrome was a HUGE disappointment on the SMS.  But then, many of the arcade to home conversions on the SMS were pretty bad and radically different no less.

The SMS port was the first version of "Alien Syndrome" that I ever played so I kinda like it. To my mind, it's the one on MAME that feels wrong. :ponder: :wink:

If the second button isn't totally needed in that game...You can also use the 7800 gamepad, or ProLines.

Montezuma's revenge has the same problem with a Genesis pad in that it will also only go to the left. I play that game with my 7800 prolines...

Just a thought...

8)