IGNORED

Scramble

Scramble is one of my all time FAVORITES :D. It's mostly a nostalgia thing.. as Scramble is probably one of the first games that had a mythos to me as a kid where I'd lie in bed wondering what happened "at the end" :lol:

It's kind of hard to pit it against Super Cobra though.. that's sort of like pitting Stargate againsts Defender. As far as home versions go.. yeah you had the Vectrex version.. and I never played the C64 version (or even seen it). However since Super Cobra has been ported to all sorts of systems including the 2600, I still say like always there's no reason why a decent port of Scramble (at least on par with Parker Bros. Super Cobra) couldn't be made for the 2600 :P .. or any classic console for that matter.

There are other versions of Scramble that reached home in handheld format of course as well. The most popular (and really good one I might add) is the Tomy version. Good stuff :D Also there's an LCD and VFD version made by Epoch/Grandstand. I only have the LCD version, but I'd love to try the VFD version sometime. :) Here's some shots:

Tomy VFD Scramble

TomyScramble.jpgTomyScramble2.jpg

Grandstand VFD Scramble

Grandstand_Scramble.jpgGrandstandScramble2.jpg

Epoch LCD Scramble

Epoch_LCD_scramble.jpg

And apparently there was a version or two of Scramble for the Tomy Tutor.. but I've never personally seen it outside of the Interweb :P

Tomy Tutor Scramble

tomy_tutor_scramble1.jpgTomy_Tutor_Scramble2.jpgTomy_Tutor_Scramble.jpg

from Tomorrow's Heroes :

Scramble

Adventurevision

Grandstand Handheld

MSX

Playstation (Konami Collection)

Tomy Handheld

Tomy Tutor

Vectrex

Super Cobra

Adventurevision

Atari 2600

Atari 5200

Atari 8-bit

Colecovision

Commodore Vic 20

Entex Handheld

Intellivision

I don't mind Scramble... but I really suck at it. I don't think I've ever gotten to the final screen, and I rarely even make it past the meteor shower.

The Konami Arcade Advanced version is good, and it even has updated graphics if you use the Konami code. I also have an old Entex tabletop version of Super Cobra which is quite good, although I'm missing the battery covers.

--Zero

I rarely even make it past the meteor shower.

Stay low as you can hiding behind the highest mountain you can find! Then when the coast is clear, "hop" over the mountain to hide again. This works generally well in keeping you clear of having to maneuver to avoid the meteors.

:)

from Tomorrow's Heroes :

Scramble

Adventurevision

Grandstand Handheld

MSX

Tomy Handheld

Tomy Tutor

Vectrex

Super Cobra

Adventurevision

Atari 2600

Atari 5200

Atari 8-bit

Colecovision

Commodore Vic 20

Entex Handheld

Intellivision

Scramble has never came out for the MSX, I am sure about it. Konami released Super Cobra instead. But I definitively like Scramble more. Beside, Scramble is considered to be the unofficial prequel of Gradius. :D

Hmm... I would love to play Scramble on the ColecoVision... :ponder: :wink: