IGNORED

Did I get a heavier six?

san-d-2000

I bought a heavier six on ebay (at least that´s what the add stated), and received it today.

Right now I´m sitting at work so I have no way of comparing it with a normal 6 switch.

It feels heavy and it has two extra screws at the middle of the bottom, but no extra plastic molding around the back and sides of the unit.

Unfortunately it´s missing the sticker with the info, it does have the number 461 molded in the plastic.

Could this be a Heavier Six, or did someone just sold me a normal six switch?

Sandy.

Easiest way to tell is to simply undo all the screws except the ones in the middle you spoke of. I think you do have a heavy sixer based on those extra screws but to be sure. Take the cover apart carefully and if you see a big metal box in the center. And I mean...a Thick metal box (Cart Connector is in this box). Then you probably have a Heavy Sixer. Also the Heavy Sixer had more of a rounded appearance to the sides and the front woodgrain panel. The later 6 switch went straight across and the corners were more sharply angled.

Hope that helps.

Damn, that sucks... I managed to find my Heavy Sixer at a local thrift store for $4, and it's in surprisingly good condition. I think the easiest way to tell if it's an actual Heavy Sixer is to look at the woodgrain on the front. If it is *not* overlapped by the black plastic under it, then it's a Heavy Sixer. As far as I know, the light 6-switch models used the same top section that is connected to the woodgrain, but the redesigned black bottom part curves around differently on the front. You may also notice that on a real Heavy Sixer, the bottom edge of the woodgrain is curved (It's actually like this on the regular 6-switch too, but it's covered up, and looks straight)

--Zero