IGNORED

Connect RCA to a Computer

AtariYoungin

just a little project I thought up. Not sure if its been done before...I noticed the 5 1/4 bay on a computer is just the right size for an NES cart, so I wanted to rip up a toaster and make it so I can use the bay as the cart slot. But I wanted someway to get the the A/V without using my capture card.

OK so you want to be able to play NES games onto the moinitor? Any plain vanilla capture card will work. ATi TV Wonder Ve is cheap and can be used for capturing video or just playing video on the monitor.

Good luck fitting the NES system into a 5.25" drive bay, the NES board is a lot bigger than 5.25. Atari 2600 built into a computer, that could work since 2600 board could be cut down to hand-held sized safely. Or even SNES2 system...

Anyway do let us know how your project goes.

Im not talking about to a tuner card or anything, but is there any RCA to USB 2 converter or anything of the sort? I have a little project and something like this would come in handy.

You mean like http://www.hauppauge.com/html/usb_data.htm?

Search for USB Video Capture and you will find what you are looking for.

The output is RF. You have to use a tuner, unless you want to put a video-out mod into your 2600.

Oh, and don't expect a VCR to help you much either. While you could proably use a VCR as your tuner, you can expect lots of problems if you try to record the signal. Most games have off-spec timing that drives VCRs nuts.

You will still need a TV capture card, PC in general doesn't understand analog signal and NES puts out 3 different analog siganls: luma and chroma (combined on the composite line) and audio. TV capture card separates all the signals and convert them to digital RGB signal that trhe PC can process.

Just pick up an ATi TV WOnder Ve,. it's probably the cheapest TV tuner card that works and has composite input. Once installed, all you'd need is to run the TV program and you can view your NES on the monitor.

Good luck fitting the NES system into a 5.25" drive bay' date=' the NES board is a lot bigger than 5.25. Atari 2600 built into a computer, that could work since 2600 board could be cut down to hand-held sized safely. Or even SNES2 system...[/quote']

Actually, it could be done. The Super Joys/Power Joys have an NES on a chip that would work well, All you would need is a Famicom to NES converter. Anothe option is to have the NES Mainboard be in another section of the case, and use an IDE ribbon cable to bring the cartridge slot to a 5 1/4 bay.

• 1 month later...