IGNORED

Bonk

Rocko

The arcade version was just Bonk's Adventure playing on TG-16 hardware in an arcade cab. Around 1989 NEC had a setup similar to Nintendo's Playchoice machines.

There was a Super Bonk 2 for the Super Famicom, it never came over to the US but I heard it was even crazier than the first one.

There are ports of Bonk's Adventure for both the NES and Gameboy, Bonk's Revenge was also ported for the classic handheld. They're worth playing through because I remember differences between them and the TG-16 titles.

Anyone like these games?  

Super Bonk (SNES)

Indeed I do! Not sure how rare this is or any of that tripe, but I found this little baby for almost nothing a few weekends back. Lots of variety / insanity. Little tough to figure out sans book though

I have the first two Bonk games for TG-16 and love them, but due to the high cost of the other two I will probably not own them for a looooooooooooooong time. TG-16 collecting is expensive in general - almost NOTHING goes for under $10 if it comes in the shell with manual!

I have the first two Bonk games for TG-16 and love them, but due to the high cost of the other two I will probably not own them for a looooooooooooooong time.

Are you talking about the hucard and CD versions of Bonk 3? I'd just settle for the hucard, the disc version has been going for crazy triple digits lately.

Yup, $103 just to get a Bonk 3, and that's a loose card. I actually want one in the case with the instructions (I won't even DREAM about the box). And it has to be the HuCard, since I don't have a Duo.

It was at $75 when I linked to it... 15 minutes before it ended.

It still isn't that bad.. the other 2 games are fairly rare as well.. I know for a fact that the guy who bought it will resell that stuff. The 2 other games will sell for about $40 combined and the system could be sold for around $35 - $50 on its own...

The SNES Bonk is a little uncommon, just the way I like 'em. Not always on Ebay but you rarely pay more than 10-20 bucks when they do show up.

Music's great! Some of the sprites were recycled from the TG-16 Bonk 3 but the powerups and levels are pretty far out for a Super Mario Bros. clone (as Nintendo Power criticized it as such). My favorite is the one where Bonk turns into a giant chicken and lays egg bombs. There's also a stage where the guy gets so big he floats around the solar system. Enough spoilers though. ;)

Ok, what does the N mean in GCN?

Nintendo?

Y'know... because everyone calls the machine "GameCube Nintendo"... :roll:

--Zero

Hey, I didn't make the abbreviation up. :) But it seems to be pretty common. Just like the original Playstation is usually referred to as the PSX (no X in Playstation!), the name of the original peripheral Sony was working with Nintendo on.

..Al