IGNORED

My First 7800 Experience!

StanJr

And no, there is no give away on the box to inform you whether or not you have a red end label for Ballblazer. You must open it up to see it.

The same seems to be true of the white vs. picture labels on "Pole Position II". I've tried two sealed boxes and both ended up being white labels.

My first experience with the 7800 was on Christmas of 8?.

All I remember was getting One-On-One from my Aunt. I was so excited until I noticed that it was for the 7800...I didn't have one of those!

When I mentioned it to my mom, she said something along the lines of "Don't worry about it. Just hang onto it. Maybe you'll get one someday". Someday turned out to be a week later on Christmas morning. :)

Cap

When I mentioned it to my mom, she said something along the lines of "Don't worry about it. Just hang onto it. Maybe you'll get one someday". Someday turned out to be a week later on Christmas morning. :)

Heh, that's just like what we did with my nephew this past year. He got all this GameCube stuff but no GC. We kept telling him we'd have to take the stuff back. Right about that time he started to get upset, so we brought out the 'Cube. :P

Hello this is my first post on this board! Anyway I got my 7800 in 1990 at a bargain store that did merchandaise clear outs. While it has been faithful for many years the problems I have had with it are as follows.

1. The "proline" Joysticks lasted about 2 days. I quickly found out that regular atari controllers worked fine and have never missed those pos.

2. In 93 the power adapter burnt up and years later I figured out I could take a regular power supply cut the wire off of it and splice the 78 head onto it. Is there a place I can get a proper replacement.

All in all my oppinion of the 7800 is a good system made by a crappy company and introduced too late with no hope of success.

Mr Oni

The only two games I have so far are Pole Position 2 and Karateka...

Ooh... I'm sorry! :(

PP2 is... ehh... OK. Karateka is godawful.

My favorite game on the 7800 is Donkey Kong Jr. The music sounds horrible... but in a charming way. The game's loads of fun though.

I got a 7800 2 weeks ago. The only two games I have so far are Pole Position 2 and Karateka, so right now it's a glorified 2600 player.

You need a better selection of games! ;-)

Look for BALLBLAZER, XEVIOUS, MIDNIGHT MUTANTS, COMMANDO, TOWER TOPPLER, ALIEN BRIGADE, SCRAPYARD DOG, IKARI WARRIORS, KLAX ...