NHL 97

Virtual Open Tennis

PGA Tour 97

Imports:

Firepro Wrestling

All Japan Pro Wrestling

RigLord Saga

Angelique Special

I'm not too big on Saturn, is there any must haves out there for the system? I haven't tried any of the games above yet but it looks a bit un-spectacular.

I remember reading about Shining Force 3 and a game called "Nights" or "Knights" with a cute purple costumed character flying through a moonlit sky. I also read somewhere that there are a few more cool RPG's that were made for the system.

Any suggestions?

Really????

Great to hear. I got a good deal cause my nephew was cleaning out his stuff and needed a few bucks for school.

Your machine can play imports?

He gave me this cartridge thing that plugs into it. It also works as a memory card. Too bad I can't read Japanese....but the wrestling games are playable since reading isn't really necessary.

I'll be checking for Radiant Silvergun. I also am interested in Shining Force like I mentioned but its pretty expensive.

Now if you could only stumble across a copy of Radiant Silvergun........

I walked into an EB one day, not too long after the Saturn was cancelled, and they had a few domestic Saturn games left for sale and a couple of import titles left. I bought Dragon Force 2 and Radiant Silvergun for $19.99 each that day.

If only I had known at the time how much RS would eventually sell for because they had like 3 more copies of it sitting on the shelf I could have bought.....sigh.

Mendon

Yes you got a good deal :) I got my hands on an NTSC U.s Sat today for $10 with revolution x. I thought that was good.

The games you got are ok, ditch all the sports titles unless u r into that stuff, The following are all good to start with

Powerslave, awesome FPS

Duke nukem 3d,

Quake

Alien trilogy

Virtual on

Virtual cop 1 and 2

Fighters megamix, Fighting vipers meets VF1 & 2, and the VF kids

Baku Baku, excellent puzzle game

Shining the holly ark 2, Great RPG

Shining 3, another good Rpg

Street fighter alpha 1 & 2

Sega Rally, awesome port

Knights

Any 2D fighter

Crimewave

Tomb raider,

Then there is the jap shooters,,,,,,

the thing about saturn collecting that makes it hard to love for a lot of us "classic gamers" is that its recent enough to make you compare it with current consoles. things like tomb raider or the sports titles look pretty lame in that respect so instead i focus on the system exclusives and quirky games out there. since you're good to go on japanese games you can really enjoy all of the saturns strong suits. recently i've had a lot of fun playing around with darius gaiden, steamgear mash (jp) and the king of fighter series (jp). check out mr.bones too for another weird saturn game. as you already have heard here, you got an awesome deal!

Id recommend also

Darkstalkers

Street Fighters Alpha's

Lunacy

Mr. Bones

Sonic Jam

Xmen vs Street Fighter

Nights

Xmas Nights

World Series Baseball 98

Burning Rangers

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Castlevania: Dracula X

Metal Slugs

The saturn is mainly a great 2D system with justa few stand-out 3D games - hope you enjoy your system!

:)

If you haven't got NiGHTS' date=' get it, and the "3D" controller as well, if you haven't got that. It's one of my favourite games of all time.[/quote']

I completely agree. NiGHTS is my all-time favorite Saturn game and is actually the game that made me go out and finally get a Saturn. Kind of a weird concept (in my opinion) but the gameplay is great and the graphics are top-notch.

Yeah, Nights is wierd but pretty cool. It's really a 2 1/2-D game (it's 3D but you move down a 2D path), and plus it has something that I always consider the mark of a game worth having: you can just screw around instead of playing the game. It can be fun to get de-Nights-ed, then run around a lot, just looking at the scenery and seeing how long you can keep away from the stupid alarm clock.

There's also a promo game Christmas Nights. Looking at ebay, it seems that the Japanese version is pretty common there right now, and the US version doesn't show up that often. (Which makes me happy, because I've got quite a few of them stashed somewhere in my stuff, from the days when Blockbuster was blowing them out.)

I've got another opportunity to get my hands on a Saturn. The video store I got my other Saturn from has ANOTHER Saturn for sale for $25. It comes with Virtua Racing and a few sports titles.

I might possibly pick it up sometime.

Then again, maybe not. But since you mentioned Japanese wrestling games, I was thinking...why not? :D

...plus it has something that I always consider the mark of a game worth having: you can just screw around instead of playing the game. It can be fun to get de-Nights-ed' date=' then run around a lot, just looking at the scenery and seeing how long you can keep away from the stupid alarm clock.

[/quote']

ROFL I thought I was the only person to do this. :D

Btw on the desert level try running around to find the elevator. Take it up all the way...then jump, it's a loooooooong fall!

Holy cripes....didn't know Saturn had a stash of good games. I'll be keeping it and looking for others. I remember another called Clockwork Knight which seemed pretty good. The Nights game was praised a lot so I'll be looking for that as well.

I just tried some of the Japanese wrestling games....they are hilarious but actually quite fun.

Saturn has many, many great games. Some of my favorites:

Duke Nukem - INCREDIBLE version

Burning Rangers

Shining the Holy Ark

Guardian Hero's

Dragon Force

Quake

Daytona

Bomberman

Panzer Dragoon - all 3 of them

Nights

Some import games I really like that don't require you to read/write Japanese:

Elevator Action Returns

Cotton 1 & 2

Dungeons & Dragons

Deep Fear

Castlevania

Metal Slug

Saturn is still one of my favorite systems. In my opinion, Sega was very creative with it, especially with the Netlink system where you could play other people online and browse the internet. Used to be several of us that would get together and play Bomberman online and had a blast.

You got a great deal and one hell of a starter setup. Congrats!

Mendon

Aside from Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter 2, the Saturn (like the DC) isn't worth keeping around. Yes, yes...Sega fanboys will be quick to point out that the import game selection is far better, blah blah blah. But in the grand scheme of things, these games are a chore to acquire and oftentimes overpriced.

I'd suggest ditching it and investing in some 2600 games or maybe something more readily available, like the Xbox or GC.

The Saturn and the DC(ESPECIALLY the DC) are both good consoles and well worth keeping. As with any systems, some games are good, some are bad. You don't need to be a fanboy to enjoy either the Saturn or the DC. Some folks here just don't seem to like Sega products and act like they carry the Ebola virus. :D

You got a great deal. Hook it up and play everything for a while, if you really don't have fun, sell it. Frankly, I think talking about getting rid of it without playing is jumping the gun quite a bit for any console. Even an Xbox :D

Aside from Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter 2' date=' the Saturn (like the DC) isn't worth keeping around. Yes, yes...Sega fanboys will be quick to point out that the import game selection is far better, blah blah blah. But in the grand scheme of things, these games are a chore to acquire and oftentimes overpriced.

I'd suggest ditching it and investing in some 2600 games or maybe something more readily available, like the Xbox or GC.[/quote']

Have you ever played NiGHTS? It's an incredible game, and you can't get it (properly) on any other system. I bought a second hand Saturn purely to play that game again.

clockwork knight, in my opinin is a fun little game.. I really enjoy it....

I got a couple saturn games complete in great shape, i was looking to get rid of, if any of you are interested..

crusader:no remorse

wwf in your house

madden 97

command and conquer(2 disc)

id let em all go for 20 shipped.. if anyone is interesed let me know...

if not , make an offer... I like money or trades :D

i think im gonna play me a little clockwork night right now...

Brad

Aside from Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter 2' date=' the Saturn (like the DC) isn't worth keeping around. Yes, yes...Sega fanboys will be quick to point out that the import game selection is far better, blah blah blah. But in the grand scheme of things, these games are a chore to acquire and oftentimes overpriced.

I'd suggest ditching it and investing in some 2600 games or maybe something more readily available, like the Xbox or GC.[/quote']

Have you ever played NiGHTS? It's an incredible game, and you can't get it (properly) on any other system. I bought a second hand Saturn purely to play that game again.

I did have it...bought it with the analog controller. To be honest, I didn't feel it was as good as everyone made it out to be. Yeah, the control was pretty good, but I could never get into the "on rails" gameplay as well as the way the game grades you on each section. It's pretty short too.

I actually had more fun playing the Christmas Nights demo that I got from Blockbuster for $2.00